Seat Question for 8yr old

Hi Group,

Purchased a new chassis and would like some feedback on seat fitment for a little one. Running stock predator purple plate.
Problem I am running into is that there are no kart stores around me and my driver is a very petite little girl. Shes 51" tall, and 55#. I measured her waist and it's about 8" without a racing jacket on. Normally i would say rookie seat, however the height is the issue. Any help/experience would be appreciated.
Thank you ahead of time.

Hi Group,

Purchased a new chassis and would like some feedback on seat fitment for a little one. Running stock predator purple plate.
Problem I am running into is that there are no kart stores around me and my driver is a very petite little girl. Shes 51" tall, and 55#. I measured her waist and it's about 8" without a racing jacket on. Normally i would say rookie seat, however the height is the issue. Any help/experience would be appreciated.
Thank you ahead of time.
I would suggest the rookie by TRJ karting, it is a copy of our Safrits IT, they usually take into account the height for size of seat, but call them and ask the to measure for you.
You may have to add a seat pad to help out a little, but im sure she wont mind.
http://trjkarting.com/evolution-kart-seats/
https://cometkartsales.com/Racewear-Seat-Padding-Kit.html

It would be a hike for you but JC Specialty's open house is in a week and a half, there's no better way to get the right seat then trying them out. If there are other things that you need it would be worth the trip besides shipping on a seat is really high anyway. Did you get a Charger?

I don’t want to hijack the thread here but I have a similar situation with a 10 year old that is 55” tall and 72 pounds. He has been running a chavous youth large but the back is too tall so the top 1-2” were trimmed off the seat back. Does anyone know what seat has the same width with a shorter back on it. I don’t like the idea of cutting the seat. Any suggestions?

We have ran into the same... with the wedge style neck collar you got to take 2” easy off the seat back. I see no harm in doing so.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge answers you but I can say the youth Nexgen seat was alot shorter than the same sized JKB Evolution seat. Phantom might not be a bad place to call and talk about seats.

Kid seats are tough with kids being so many shapes and sizes. Best bet is to let your own child sit in different sizes to figure which one fits best.

Back