Seating Position for Tall People

Not sure brand of seat, but in my kart nearly half my back is out of the seat. Is this unsafe or just normal for taller people. I am 6, 3. I am a little worried about folding backwards. What would be a better seat for tall people?

It a fact .
There just not much you can do about the situation . we went through at least 2 seats a year . more when syrup racing .
As far as protection the seat has little too do with that .
Folding back , not much you can do add a pair of braces . not ideal. reinforce it with fiberglass . which also stiffens it .
Personally i found them , uncomfertable period .
Chavous and PRC are my choices .

Unfortunately that's the breaks of being tall.
Lightning lite sells a seat that is taller in the back.
Gman produced one too called superseat, if you can find one used
Since you are taller you can mount the seat lower in the kart, ie seat bottom ½ below the frame rails and the back at 8.5 off the axle

What you don't want is a seat that contacts a single point on your back at the top of the seat. You need a seat that's straight up in the back and flares out at the top. I would look into seats for enduro sprint karts or a Charlie Frear Deep Seat.

Last edited:
It a fact .
There just not much you can do about the situation . we went through at least 2 seats a year . more when syrup racing .
As far as protection the seat has little too do with that .
Folding back , not much you can do add a pair of braces . not ideal. reinforce it with fiberglass . which also stiffens it .
Personally i found them , uncomfertable period .
Chavous and PRC are my choices .
Syrup Racing? Is this a reference to aggressive prep tracks? I've never heard this term before.

Back