Seats

I'm trying to make a decision on a seat for my open. The select and omega that I've always loved for stock classes just don't hold me well in the open. I'm a bigger guy 6'/240 and the typical speedway seat doesn't hold my upper body well enough, halfway through a feature I'm leaned over on the engine, with the rib support acting more like a hinge point. I've thought about going to sprint style seat that supports further up into the armpit to help with support. I've talked to Wayne Felch about his seat, but its a big chunk o change to drop and Im hesitant.

Any help is appreciated.

I prefer chavous, just really comfortable. After that I have a safrits edge in my other kart and after some adjustment it's almost as comfortable. I'd say try Chavous honestly. If I had it to do over I down two of them. Jmo

I had the same trouble, by the end of the feature i was leaning on the 450. I am tall like you also. I took a second seat, a laydown seat, and i cut the top 1/3 off it. I then riveted it to my current seat. It is awesome! it comes up about 4 more inches on the right side and has the rib support right under the arm. The back comes up just about 2" from my neck. Wow what a difference. I can send yoy some cell phone pics if you want. pm me your number. d

Wayne Felch makes the most comfortable seat around hands down it is also the lightest seat made at like 2lbs it is more expensive Stohr Composites is his company look it up its worth the money to me

Funny, I have the same exact issue and after flopping around on the kart two weeks ago in my safrits seat, I stopped over to anther guys pit and tested out his Felcy seat, wow, that thing was comfortable, I'll be looking to buy one over the winter,sounds like money well spent, I mean, how much faster could you be when your comfortable again, seems like cheap HP to me :)

Wayne Felch makes the most comfortable seat around hands down it is also the lightest seat made at like 2lbs it is more expensive Stohr Composites is his company look it up its worth the money to me
This is an understatement. There is no other seat like it! Best money I've spent for my kart.

The Stohr seat is expensive but....

Years ago, I was about to quit because no one had a seat that would support me. I built my own. It fit me like a glove and it had a shoulder brace in it.....all one piece fiberglass. I bet I had 40 hrs in it and $400. I have kept it for 7-8 years. I weigh a bit more and it just doesn't fit anymore. I got one of Wayne's seats for my kart. Problem solved. If you are having problems with seats fitting you....to the point where you have felt you can't keep going.....the price is well worth it.
Mike

Otto, Sonoma California, I really just wanted to hear people say to buy Wayne's seat before I sprung for it. I talked to Wayne and he said if it doesn't fit like I want I can return it. Seems like a no brainer at this point. Just want to get it sorted out before I come up for the BK.

Thanks everyone, I'm gonna get the storh seat.
Ford Cook.

That is a real nice looking seat. We use to have the same problem but after Nick got a under the arm to helment restraint that helped out more than the seat. Its the weight of your head and the G-force that carry through the corners is what makes you want to lay over on the motor. JMO Jimmy Hatton

Back