Second thoughts on buying a Laser

It is s 08 as far as I know. I called Competive karting and asked about chassis number. I still don't see one. I will be running the 350lb weight with a Clone a and ocassionaly with a Predator. He gave me a few set up numbers
58 1/2 let
46 front
65 cross
Left front castor 8
Left front camber -------
Right front camber 12
Right front camber ----------

He didn't give camber figures. I know the right rear is usually close in. Didn't say anything g about the left rear or the fronts. I should have to add about 12 pounds . I live in the south and will be running on a small track here. I haven't raced in 6 years. You can look on you tube and see the track. It is called Lil Dega. I would call it a low bite track. I am going to run yellow Vegas to start. No sure of how to prep them. Seems like a lot of people use Krug. Thanks for the help.

It is s 08 as far as I know. I called Competive karting and asked about chassis number. I still don't see one. I will be running the 350lb weight with a Clone a and ocassionaly with a Predator. He gave me a few set up numbers
58 1/2 let
46 front
65 cross
Left front castor 8
Left front camber -------
Right front camber 12
Right front camber ----------

He didn't give camber figures. I know the right rear is usually close in. Didn't say anything g about the left rear or the fronts. I should have to add about 12 pounds . I live in the south and will be running on a small track here. I haven't raced in 6 years. You can look on you tube and see the track. It is called Lil Dega. I would call it a low bite track. I am going to run yellow Vegas to start. No sure of how to prep them. Seems like a lot of people use Krug. Thanks for the help.
I wouldn't second guess it just because of what it is, NO matter what you get there is no magic put this set-up in it and your golden as you will need to find the sweet spot with any chassis, based on the year I'd say numbers are fine as a base line, I'd do 2.65 RF neg camber, with .5 LF pos camber, front wheels in as close as you can with out any rubbing, LR 3/4" from inside of wheel to cassette hanger, I'd toe out the RF 1/8", since it's in the south as far as the Vegas I'd contact Earl at SO CO preps and confirm but I would think you'll need some Internal at least 30 cc to 45 cc IF he knows the track he'll know which prep. Read the entire thread I just brought back to the top titled left side percentages and cross relations, pay special attention to the one post about caster settings on lower grip tracks.

Good Luck !!

The chassis mfg do not race there 2008 stuff . They race the current product .
No matter the mfg parts and support is limited on older versions .

Understand that
I would like to have a new one but it not in my budget. The guy at cki was friendly and answered my questions. Said if I needed anything else call.

Donnie Nall has won plenty on CKI house karts....I wouldn't worry about it. Most karts are theoretically faster than their drivers, but some have an easier-to-find sweet spot (aka tuning window.)

(Yes, Donnie was driving for someone in Pilot Mtn. David somethingorother, about that time, but switched soon after and started winning big shows on CKI equipment...)

Competitive kart at Dega and Bjs I run both and give the newer karts hell when my tires are decent if you went to the last Dega race you seen a Laser runing up front.

unless your spending your weekends chasing the pros around for money I wouldn’t worry to much... anything 06ish up with a decent setup, awesome tires and a few races of line finding ability will put you in the hunt on a local level.

Back