See through Carburetor in super slow motion

Big Chris

Admins, move to where you think appropriate. This fellow builds a "see through" carb and films it with a super slow motion camera. I subscribe to this channel, so it popped up on my feed and I thought it too good not to share.

I find this sort of stuff simply fascinating. And quite honestly I find the way fluid dynamics work to be beautiful and simply mesmerizing.

For me, to be able to visualize this adds to my understanding of what's going on. The super slow motion footage towards the end of this video is pure gold. You can see how this works in two axes (pronounced ax-eeez).

I always thought that the fuel flow through the jet would be a constant stream, but here if you study the video, you'll see that the fuel present for the next cycle is a result of the signal from the velocity of air in the carb's venturi from the cycle before. And there is a momentary delay between movement of the air stream in the venturi and when fuel responds, which feeds the next cycle. So flow through the jet is appears to be an on-off-on-off-on-off and so forth.

Grab a cold one or two and give this a gander.

And people wonder why their engines run bad after they leave gas in the carb, don't run a fuel filter, or clean/oil their air filter 🤷

This video was published on June 30th, exactly 1 day before I shared it.
You must of been thinking of something else, care to share
Mac_49 had posted it as well on the 30th , in the general section , under " This is cool " . Sorry , didn't mean to offend .. Just knew I had seen it posted ..

Back