Selinsgrove Fri Night Money series

SNick75

So Selinsgrove was short handed last night and didn't have a tech guy. I absolutely understand that they were unable to tech for that reason. What I don't understand is how they still charged extra money to race and couldn't even check the weight at the scales. Offer someone a couple bucks to check weight at the scales like other tracks do when short handed. I thought for sure someone would be at the scales for features but then I seen karts going over and not making weight and hearing don't worry no one is checking I told a official that a couple karts ahead us didn't make weight and was told there is nothing they could do cuz there short handed.

Love the track but heck if you can't do a bare minimum of checking weights then maybe it should just be a open practice night or a no points awarded night and charge regular fees.

Exactly my point. Let us know you need a Volunteer BEFORE we race not after we come off the track and find out no one is around.

I would think there was some miss informed happening like the scales quit working and could not be fixed so they had no one there to check karts, i can't imagine any track not figuring out a way to have someone at scales because of being short handed.

I would think there was some miss informed happening like the scales quit working and could not be fixed so they had no one there to check karts, i can't imagine any track not figuring out a way to have someone at scales because of being short handed.
Could be. Just going off what the guy in the tower said. Again I love the track and would help if need be if we knew.

One would think the guy in the tower would know the facts !!
I get what your saying. If someone would have said the scales were not working I would have understood and not drove all the way home ticked off. A quick driver's meeting to lets us know they were short handed and scales were off would have settled a lot of confusion when the karts were coming off the track.
Anyway thanks for setting it strait for me. I would love to see the track race on a regular basis and pull more karts. Just a little communication goes along way

Back