Selling a bent kart

Michael19

So I got in a wreck two months ago that bent my frame. At the next race the kart still felt planted and was consistent. We were able to get all of our set up numbers back to what they were pre wreck besides the rf camber. The camber is 1.2 degrees off of what it should be and there’s no more adjustment that we can do. I have a new frame coming so just looking to see if I should try to sell it or just hang it up in the shop. I know it will never be right again but it’s still useable. And how could I price a bent frame?

Yeah I’d absolutely be up front. Parts wise I’m moving everything I can over to the new frame. (Hubs, spindle, axle, seat, etc) what would a reasonable asking price? It’s a 2018 trick tillist

I don't understand the thinking that "it will never be right again." Sprint karts are "tabled" often, and hydraulically or mechanically bent back to true, and raced at just as quick laptimes as they were before, on higher grip surfaces than dirt, wtih more flex. So, what I'd do is have it "tabled", and fixed, and then if you still sell it, disclose that to the buyer. I wouldn't hesitate to race it again. Or you can sell it to me for $200 as scrap. :)

If the kart scales out fine, but the camber is out of whack, are you sure its the frame?

Usually if you bent the RF up for example and it added -1.2* of static camber to the frame, it would dump a ton of cross out of it too

If the kart scales out fine, but the camber is out of whack, are you sure its the frame?

Usually if you bent the RF up for example and it added -1.2* of static camber to the frame, it would dump a ton of cross out of it too

Your exactly right a ton of Cross was knocked out of it as well. Roughly 12% but we were able to move washers around and get it back to what it should be.

Back