Senior Champ at Blairsville (Gearing?)

I have been running a champ kart at Penns Creek Raceway Park and plan to run at Blairsville in the senior champ class for the first time this Saturday. I couldn't find out how big the track is, so I'm not sure what gearing I should run. Can anybody give me a good baseline to start with? Any help would be great!

Thank you!

I just talked to a guy that works on champs there. We race there but not champ. He said a 14/65 to start and 6-7 air. Hope this helps.

15/64-65 Sr clone
14/64 flathead
Not any flatheads though.
That's what I thought based on that sr champ animal to turn 7200 plus you would need around 13 / 64 ish which should be close to pennscreek gearing.
For sure its NOT a 15 front driver.

That's what I thought based on that sr champ animal to turn 7200 plus you would need around 13 / 64 ish which should be close to pennscreek gearing.
For sure its NOT a 15 front driver.

I'm just trying to help the guy out, haven't been to Blairsville in awhile but that's what I had wrote down..

Could that have possibly been for the daytime for Octoberfest? Either way no need to slam me for attempting to help someone..
Simple answer NO, for a 15 front driver to have worked for Sr Champ Sr Clone would of been on a 17 front and I know that didn't happen, And IF it did there are VERY FEW that could of pulled it off, someone may have used it and got away with it racing a 3 kart field just because they won thought it was, but it's not correct, had nothing to do with slamming anyone just didn't want someone to drive 2 + hrs thinking they had all good info and find out other wise after there day was used up.

Last edited:
Blarsville defies all the odds of getting on the bigger front driver for any class, especially for someone new as tough as the tire game is there, track never grips up ( even day race ), turns are tight ( plus pinches down off 4 ), very few guys know which prep mix to use there to make the best of it.

Back