Seraph Axle Pills

Skidude

I pulled my axle and cassettes for winter clean up and am looking at my pills. I have 1/8 hole down on the LR and 1/16 hole forward on RR, which moves the axle toward the rear, both cassettes on the bottoms holes. I’ve read 1/8 hole down on LR and 0 on RR. Running at Southern Kartway in Loris, open flathead. Should I leave it as is or put 0’s on the RR? How would changing to 0’s affect handling, theoretically?

Agreed, you won't wanna have anything other than zero because it tosses some extra variables in. Also if you aren't already doing this..you wanna have your RF level with your RR. Which on the seraph would mean to put the spacer on the bottom, then 2 washers on top of it most of the time. And adjust cross with your left front. Just making sure, some people dont realize how important the RF being level with the RR is and how much it affects handling

Agreed, you won't wanna have anything other than zero because it tosses some extra variables in. Also if you aren't already doing this..you wanna have your RF level with your RR. Which on the seraph would mean to put the spacer on the bottom, then 2 washers on top of it most of the time. And adjust cross with your left front. Just making sure, some people dont realize how important the RF being level with the RR is and how much it affects handling
Thanks for the tip, I did not know that. I think I’m on the space right now. I’ve got my 0 pills on order and am looking forward to getting it on the scales to see where everything fall when it’s all put back together.

I’m curious, how do you measure to see if the right sides are level? Know this, I would think, would be a good way to know if there is a frame issue or not.

Thanks for the tip, I did not know that. I think I’m on the space right now. I’ve got my 0 pills on order and am looking forward to getting it on the scales to see where everything fall when it’s all put back together.

I’m curious, how do you measure to see if the right sides are level? Know this, I would think, would be a good way to know if there is a frame issue or not.
It's hard to do. I just leave it how I told you and then if I were to go from -3 to -2.5 camber I would add another half of a washer to the bottom. That's because the flatter the RF tire is the stiffer it is, and that in turn raises the RF ride height

Okay, now the left side. So currently it is holes down, which Phantom says reduces cross. Here is what I’m after, getting my LF ride height higher off the ground. Right now it scrubs unless I’m on absolutely flat ground. Front washers are maxed for cross with an X-factor LF spindle. Last weigh out showed 66% cross. I’ve read that the LR pills should be run holes down, what effect would flipping them have, or putting in 1/16’s or 0’s?

Attachments

• 34341751-52B0-4B62-BCE8-C85B32FCB04D.jpeg
    34341751-52B0-4B62-BCE8-C85B32FCB04D.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 75
Okay, now the left side. So currently it is holes down, which Phantom says reduces cross. Here is what I’m after, getting my LF ride height higher off the ground. Right now it scrubs unless I’m on absolutely flat ground. Front washers are maxed for cross with an X-factor LF spindle. Last weigh out showed 66% cross. I’ve read that the LR pills should be run holes down, what effect would flipping them have, or putting in 1/16’s or 0’s?
Keep it at 1/8 hole down in the bottom hole and the RR 0 on the bottom hole..2 washers and spacer on the bottom of the RF..and don't worry about the cross from there. Try to modify the body a bit or something to keep it from scraping if your LF is all the way up. I feel like if you have an x factor spindle that maybe your frame is bent or your scales are wrong if you can only get 66 cross. If you did move the LR to 0 pills it would be pushing the left rear more into the ground which would make you go straight faster, but when you get into the turn it would make you wanna drive like a dump truck and fly straight off the track

Keep it at 1/8 hole down in the bottom hole and the RR 0 on the bottom hole..2 washers and spacer on the bottom of the RF..and don't worry about the cross from there. Try to modify the body a bit or something to keep it from scraping if your LF is all the way up. I feel like if you have an x factor spindle that maybe your frame is bent or your scales are wrong if you can only get 66 cross. If you did move the LR to 0 pills it would be pushing the left rear more into the ground which would make you go straight faster, but when you get into the turn it would make you wanna drive like a dump truck and fly straight off the track
Are you a big guy? How much does the driver weigh?

I haven’t moved the pills, but maybe it’s the seat mount. Hopefully not the frame, I bought it used so I don’t know the history. I’ll leave the LR at 1/8 hole down, bottom holes and I am changing the pills in the RR to 0’s. I’ll see where it scales out when I put it all back together. I did just change the seat also, no telling where I’ll be. Hope to get it on the scales next weekend and find out.

I haven’t moved the pills, but maybe it’s the seat mount. Hopefully not the frame, I bought it used so I don’t know the history. I’ll leave the LR at 1/8 hole down, bottom holes and I am changing the pills in the RR to 0’s. I’ll see where it scales out when I put it all back together. I did just change the seat also, no telling where I’ll be. Hope to get it on the scales next weekend and find out.
Ok on the seat, set the RR strut edge to 4" away from the left edge of the inside motor rail, and the center of the seat pointing at the left edge of the seat upright, probably want the seat 8" off axle

We did have a situation at the track . Where I put some pills in upside down .
Trying to gain speed .
Cross ended up seems like around 70% didn't work out too well !

It's hard to do. I just leave it how I told you and then if I were to go from -3 to -2.5 camber I would add another half of a washer to the bottom. That's because the flatter the RF tire is the stiffer it is, and that in turn raises the RF ride height
I am curious how hard can it be ?
Zabloki laid out the method once before the crash ..
Level the chassis left to right the level the engine rail . Now level the axle centerline with the spindle centerline .
The difference in diameters would need to be addressed .
There is also location and camber to consider .
In the end its a complicated mess one thing changes everything .

Level the chassis left to right the level the engine rail . Now level the axle centerline with the spindle centerline .
Everything is made pretty simple by the manufacturer..on the phantoms especially since they have less washers there. The weight of a heavy driver apparently smashes the frame down and that's how cross weight gets taken out. That's how it seems to work..when it comes to that

Everything is made pretty simple by the manufacturer..on the phantoms especially since they have less washers it seems
We did have a situation at the track . Where I put some pills in upside down .
Trying to gain speed .
Cross ended up seems like around 70% didn't work out too well !
I think most you'd wanna go on the left rear is 1/16" at a time lol. I remember when mine were upside down. It hauled ass on starts then drove straight off the track

Ok on the seat, set the RR strut edge to 4" away from the left edge of the inside motor rail, and the center of the seat pointing at the left edge of the seat upright, probably want the seat 8" off axle
I just bought a 2010 seraph I started racing 2 years ago on a mid / late 90's kart. Got this seraph about 3 months ago it will haul down the straightaway and literally drive off the track. There's a video on you tube from Halloween of it doing it. I need help and you seem to know all the stuff.

I just bought a 2010 seraph I started racing 2 years ago on a mid / late 90's kart. Got this seraph about 3 months ago it will haul down the straightaway and literally drive off the track. There's a video on you tube from Halloween of it doing it. I need help and you seem to know all the stuff.
You would want to make sure your left rear pills are 1/8" hole facing down in the left rear, and that your Right rear pills are zero in the bottom hole. The rest of the stuff I sent a message about.

Back