Seraph

sparkmaker

What methods do you use to loosen them up? Like for the feature race. I've moved RF washer and added rear stagger? Anything else I can try?

It depends on where you'd like to loosen your Seraph. And it also depends on how the chassis is currently set-up. Give some details and I'm sure you will be provided with good feedback.

What methods do you use to loosen them up? Like for the feature race. I've moved RF washer and added rear stagger? Anything else I can try?
Good luck. I don't ever think I was loose with my Seraph. It always seemed like it was either dead on and fast or had a push. Like James said though, post some #'s. Ours wouldn't really wanna turn unles we were at or around 48% nose

Yes what are your #'s and we assume youre racing dirt is that correct? ive actually never had a push unless a rf tire was gone and more often than not it is too loose. im on asphault though

On dirt. Cross:62.0 Left:53.1 Front:46.9. Everything else is like what PRC recommends. Did take some RF camber out , down to about -1.5 .

Did it become better or worse when you decreased RF camber? Usually at feature time the track has more bite than earlier or in practice. At that time you'd want a little higher camber. Unless the track is extremely small, you'd want -2.5 or so, and for a junior I would be on 48 nose. Keep the stagger where it is if it's on at least 1". What size is the track? Keep the front stagger at 1.25".

Our jr red plate seraph is 55 left 48 nose 55 cross 1 3/8 stagger front and rear.
This makes me wonder. You have equal weight across the front, and I guess that works for you, yet a majority of the setups I see hear have the RF a lot heavier than the LF.
I’m not saying if either is good or bad, just wondering why they both work.

On dirt. Cross:62.0 Left:53.1 Front:46.9. Everything else is like what PRC recommends. Did take some RF camber out , down to about -1.5 .

For Jr1, heres the numbers i ran and IF it pushes it will be tires: cross- 61-63, nose- 48, left-54-55 depending on what size driver, camber-lf 3/8, rf-3, caster 7 and 10....of course this is assuming the seat is in correct location.

This makes me wonder. You have equal weight across the front, and I guess that works for you, yet a majority of the setups I see hear have the RF a lot heavier than the LF.
I’m not saying if either is good or bad, just wondering why they both work.

I should have said tracks around us have NO bite.

No I was trying to explain why we run low cross numbers so if op has more bite in thier track they could add a little cross to tighten up.

Thanks for all the suggestions, we used a couple of them and kart was better. 10 karts... Won the the heat , and was racing for 2nd-3rd in feature and got spun, but we were a lot better. Probably 1st -2nd place kart

Thanks!

Back