Set up JR Icon

Wiley55

Few questions. I have a 10 year old that i am setting an 07 Icon up. It was set up for an adult. Right now I am in the process of purchasing a seat to find out how long the pedal rods need to be.
So first question is seat location?
Second question is best place to purchase blocks for pedal extensions?

I'd start with 53 to 54 left, 46.5 to 47 nose, 62 cross, +3/8, -3; 7 and 10 castor; 1/8 slugs hole down bottom hole LR, zero bottom hole RR. I can't offer much advice in what you'll need to get everything fit in the kart but there are several on here who have done it; maybe they'll chime in.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

I like the seat as close to the steering post as possible without touching, slightly left of center. As far as the pedals Phantom makes tubing with round tubing welded on top you can slide over front bumper mounts to bring the pedals back, they call them pedal adjusters. You can also buy the reverse pedals and make new throttle rods with 1/4 inch steel rod and a 1/4-28 die to thread it.

Might need to cut down steering post. If you got a welder you can flip pedals you got. Make sure he can see. It's more important for him to be comfortable just starting.

Back