Set up problems

ttownwideglider

Ok guys here's the problems. I have set the front end up and maxed out the spacers on both sides to get to where iam at. All the spacers on the top of the left front and all on the bottom of the right front. Running 1.5" front stagger lf-32.5, rf-34. Also have 15lbs of lead on the lf. Next I have the rear end set up with the LR pills 1/8" holes up in bottom hole on cassette bracket and 10 lbs of lead on LR. Running 1.00" stagger in rear. RR is 1/8 off frame rail, LR is 1/2 off frame rail. Here are all my wheel #s LF-87lb, LR-147lb, Rf-117lbs, RR-65lbs. I bought new King pins and spacers, new bearings. Spindles are in good shape, with very low race count 2012 Seraph. Now here are the #s for the setup Nose-49, cross-63.5, left side-56.25. Seat is a large Cevaous and mounted 4" from the inside motor rail to where the strut bracket clamps to the wiggy bar 9" up off axel. Wing body and Sudam on the right. The only thing I can figure out to get more left side is move the seat further to the left. Don't want to add more lead already at 416, like to take some lead off if anything. Is there any things you guys can help me out with? Iam at a loss why I cant get any more left out of it. Come on guys give me some love and help me out. Thanks everybody Mitch.

Mitch, I think you should take lead off the left rear and left front, put your weight on the side of the seat, your nose seems really high especially for a wedge. Your going to need low nose to allow the wedge to work, I'd start around 44-44.5.. Cross is at at good starting point. I'm not sure about your left side on the seraph but going off what I know about icons and tritons I'd shoot for 57.5-58.5, maybe someone else can chime in on left side. Also I'd start my rear stagger at 1-1/2" and go up until it turns.

its never going to turn with 49% nose. dump the lead, 15 lbs on lf frt not sure how you did this.
remount seat and wiggy bar to get the numbers right.
wiggy bar all the way left.
Something is way off.
reset %s and work on the tires seraph likes a lot of bite, hossiers may not be the best option.

You don't need the wiggy bar with a wedge, and yes just like hotel said 1/8 hole down on lr. Take the wiggy bar off, are you running a seay wedge?

I agree with most of what's posted above. On the seat, make sure the front of the seat is 3/4" to 1" left of center to the steering upright. If it's already that far then move the RR strut to 4.25 to 4.375.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

Back