Set up question

bullerman

I have my numbers where I want. I have Vegas on now. I have 1 1/2 front and 1 1/16 rear stagger. If I change to my Burriss tires with 1 5/8 front and 7/8 rear stagger and do nothing else will it change my percentages. 6 psi in both sets of tires. I will probably try it afterwhile out of boredom of nothing else to do. Thanks

I have my numbers where I want. I have Vegas on now. I have 1 1/2 front and 1 1/16 rear stagger. If I change to my Burriss tires with 1 5/8 front and 7/8 rear stagger and do nothing else will it change my percentages. 6 psi in both sets of tires. I will probably try it afterwhile out of boredom of nothing else to do. Thanks
Yes it will slightly, but just document it and run it, don't worry about changing it as your not comparing to perfect numbers anyway.

I don't know much about this subject, but I'm wondering; why you're changing the stagger's? Especially on the rear.
I also wonder; after you find the best stagger for your track, why would you ever want to change it?

Al they use stagger to fix handling problems.
I understand that, but I can't help but believe, that's not the thing to do. I would rather find out what's causing the handling problem and fix that. Seems to me that changing the stagger is just masking the real problem.

I don't know much about this subject, but I'm wondering; why you're changing the stagger's? Especially on the rear.
I also wonder; after you find the best stagger for your track, why would you ever want to change it?
Thats just the
I understand that, but I can't help but believe, that's not the thing to do. I would rather find out what's causing the handling problem and fix that. Seems to me that changing the stagger is just masking the real problem.
thats the thing there is no perfect stagger for a track that changes lap to lap nor is there a perfect tire prep or tire pressure or chassis setup its dirt,its the guy that can come up with the best solutions and combinations that specific nite.its gambling.the track may be greasy one nite the next it may be gripped up like asphalt.depends on how many karts moisture,how long the sun stays up etc.its a seat of the pants deal.the driver may not like the way his kart is turning so he adds a 1/4” of stagger or he may take away a half inch if its turning too much it may not be making no speed

If you're running the same track with both sets of tires...I'd suggest starting with the same amount of stagger in both sets.
Personally, I make all of my right sides 34" and all of my LF's 32 1/2."
I have different left rear sizes for different amounts of stagger that I want.

The change that you'll see in your example will increase cross considerably.

I'd start by sizing your tires to be the same if you are running them at the same track.
Also, I'd suggest scaling with race pressures and weights. Typically we're on lower psi with Vegas (stiff sidewall construction) when compared to Burris (floppy sidewall construction.)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back