set up twin kt100

Ted Hamilton

Design Drafter / Racer
The cylinder can be flipped, or you can flip the crank... CCW ignition will be needed... Also you can run twin clutches to a jackshaft or run a coupler between the cranks. Each has its' advantages. I think the Fla UAS crowd has seen a couple variations... Also, Pete at SuperDyne has a couple KT-100 unit for sale ready to go, I think. Good luck and have fun!

Custom jackshaft with dual belt drives. No changes to the engines needed. Easy to pull one or the other to replace.

Thanks Bobby! We need to get together and do some racing. I have to sell the house back in Ohio first though.

This thread just sparked my curiosity..... What are the benefits vs. drawbacks of siamese vs. freight-train? Not trying to hijack a thread, just satisfy curiosity. :) -Alan-

I thought of doing my old Parilla , tt-25 and ss-21 rotary engines as a siameese , with reed in front and rotary in back, regular pipe on back and an enduro straight pipe in front.

I thought of doing my old Parilla , tt-25 and ss-21 rotary engines as a siameese , with reed in front and rotary in back, regular pipe on back and an enduro straight pipe in front.

I once thought of freight-training a pair of open K-88's, using a left hand case on the front engine to use an overhead/wraparound pipe and the rear engine done conventionally. Both carbs would be outboard that way too. I wonder how the kart would scale out with engines on the left side, ie: Dino shifter. (??)

MikeGrady

I like Hilton's set-up. Both belt drives were on the right (looking from the rear). This meant the engines were setup the same. If you had a spare engine, it could go in either spot. I am about to own a set. I hope it will be able to compete with that awesome Jawa power we are all about to see more of.

I can't remember how many of those Hilton had his CNC shop make but it was a few. I can't remember if any were for Yamahas. Mine will be Sudams.....I mean Reedjets....LOL.
Mike

I like Hilton's set-up. Both belt drives were on the right (looking from the rear). This meant the engines were setup the same. If you had a spare engine, it could go in either spot. I am about to own a set. I hope it will be able to compete with that awesome Jawa power we are all about to see more of.

I can't remember how many of those Hilton had his CNC shop make but it was a few. I can't remember if any were for Yamahas.
Mike

Maybe that's where mine came from??? I got mine from Mike C. We made some changes to it to fit our application better.

Brian #89