set up twin kt100

The cylinder can be flipped, or you can flip the crank... CCW ignition will be needed... Also you can run twin clutches to a jackshaft or run a coupler between the cranks. Each has its' advantages. I think the Fla UAS crowd has seen a couple variations... Also, Pete at SuperDyne has a couple KT-100 unit for sale ready to go, I think. Good luck and have fun!

This thread just sparked my curiosity..... What are the benefits vs. drawbacks of siamese vs. freight-train? Not trying to hijack a thread, just satisfy curiosity. :) -Alan-

I thought of doing my old Parilla , tt-25 and ss-21 rotary engines as a siameese , with reed in front and rotary in back, regular pipe on back and an enduro straight pipe in front.

I thought of doing my old Parilla , tt-25 and ss-21 rotary engines as a siameese , with reed in front and rotary in back, regular pipe on back and an enduro straight pipe in front.

I once thought of freight-training a pair of open K-88's, using a left hand case on the front engine to use an overhead/wraparound pipe and the rear engine done conventionally. Both carbs would be outboard that way too. I wonder how the kart would scale out with engines on the left side, ie: Dino shifter. (??)

I like Hilton's set-up. Both belt drives were on the right (looking from the rear). This meant the engines were setup the same. If you had a spare engine, it could go in either spot. I am about to own a set. I hope it will be able to compete with that awesome Jawa power we are all about to see more of.

I can't remember how many of those Hilton had his CNC shop make but it was a few. I can't remember if any were for Yamahas. Mine will be Sudams.....I mean Reedjets....LOL.
Mike

I like Hilton's set-up. Both belt drives were on the right (looking from the rear). This meant the engines were setup the same. If you had a spare engine, it could go in either spot. I am about to own a set. I hope it will be able to compete with that awesome Jawa power we are all about to see more of.

I can't remember how many of those Hilton had his CNC shop make but it was a few. I can't remember if any were for Yamahas.
Mike

Maybe that's where mine came from??? I got mine from Mike C. We made some changes to it to fit our application better.

Brian #89

Back