Set-up

I race clone medium 350 on the same size track with banking, on an 06 tempest. The numbers that have worked the best and been the fastest for me are:

45.5 nose
58 left
67 cross
- 2.75 RF camber
.25 LF camber
stock caster
1 1/2 front stagger
1 - 1 1/4 rear stagger
Front wheels tucked all the way in
Rear track width 39 1/2"

This is on a 1/5 mile oval with somewhat sweeping turns and 8-9* banking, medium to high bite track

Do you know the radius of the turns? Or the degree of banking? Or, if you could tell us the distance, in feet, between the straights, (this would give the radius of the turns) I’m sure there are people here that could give you a much better idea on your setup.
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.

All web site just says 1/5 th straightaway are about 50 yards long you can Google beaver creek Speedway and it tell bout it or YouTube look up maleah stacey on you tube you may be about to figure out by watch her

I race clone medium 350 on the same size track with banking, on an 06 tempest. The numbers that have worked the best and been the fastest for me are:

45.5 nose
58 left
67 cross
- 2.75 RF camber
.25 LF camber
stock caster
1 1/2 front stagger
1 - 1 1/4 rear stagger
Front wheels tucked all the way in
Rear track width 39 1/2"

This is on a 1/5 mile oval with somewhat sweeping turns and 8-9* banking, medium to high bite track

X2 - These numbers are the ticket. Just adjust a little if you feel like you need to.

All web site just says 1/5 th straightaway are about 50 yards long you can Google beaver creek Speedway and it tell bout it or YouTube look up maleah stacey on you tube you may be about to figure out by watch her
I find it hard to understand why tracks don't give out better information on their track size and turn radius.
If it really is 1/5 mile, and the straights are 50 yards long, (150 feet each), that leaves 755 feet for both turns. So the radius of each turn is about 120 feet. I don't know really, but it seems like that's a very big track.
Comments, compliments, criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory.

Just mesage Phillip Cardin on FB. His parents own Beaver Creek and he can tell you anything you need to know about the track. If you can't get in touch with him, try Michelle Cardin. That is Phillip's mom. Also see if you can message ABR69 on here. His name is Doug. He is very familiar with the track as well because they run there a lot. ALSO......If all else fails, you can message Adam Apple on FB. Again...he's another that can help you with info on the track. Will Ivy is another. There is a long list of people.

Kenneth Cardin:
256-509-5644

Michelle Cardin:
256-503-8343

Phillip Cardin:
256-509-9821

Definately didnt mean 58 cross and 67 left! lol. As hotelcalifornia said, the numbers i posted work very well with 05-08 tempest chassis just about anywhere you take it. Fine tune the left and cross depending on how much bite the track has and your good to go

57 cross and 55 left would have the tempest tight as can be and likely to be pushing like a dump truck unless on a very low bite track. Who uses 60+ left side???

Back