Setting stagger in Burris 33a tires

Are those numbers a general consensus you've read on here? They seem reasonable for a theoretical starting polnt. If you did good job from experience.

If your question is directed at my post Paul, those numbers are based on experience at all size tracks I've tuned chassis for over the years, Remember I gave the OP close but good starting points.

If your question is directed at my post Paul, those numbers are based on experience at all size tracks I've tuned chassis for over the years, Remember I gave the OP close but good starting points.

It was to Al. I didn't know he copied your numbers nor did I read your post prior to posting.

I resent that. I resent your attitude towards me. It is the height of conceit for you to put me down that way. You just can't stand the thought of anybody disagreeing with you.

I could care less if you or whom ever disagrees with me, it's the fact that new comers looking to learn fall for your B.S. vs taking info from experienced guy's that actually know what there talking about that causes my attitude as you put it.
By the way I also could care less that you resent it.

If you had ever seen my stagger spreadsheet, you would know that it says the numbers are "theoretical" starting points. I wonder, who would listen to a book critic that never reads books. lol

Beats me how somebody can "critique" something without ever having seen it?

I can understand, with your long experience, how you can look at the track and decide the proper stagger. I have this idea that a first or second year karter doesn't have that ability. With my spreadsheet, he can get close.

Even with your ability to read a track, I'm sure you experiment.
It doesn't take long racing experience to do that, I've only raced for 4 1/2 years and can judge stagger based on the track, I've been doing this since my 2nd year racing

To keep it simple tighter the corner the more stagger you need. Diff in you rr and lr circumfance is stagger. Take you a solo cup roll it across the floor that will give you a idea how it works

To keep it simple tighter the corner the more stagger you need. Diff in you rr and lr circumfance is stagger. Take you a solo cup roll it across the floor that will give you a idea how it works

Thank you everyone for the advise and instructions. I now have a good idea how stagger benefits turning and how to set it.

Ya know. I often learn a little bit when I see the bantering back and forth. But more importantly, I AM ENTERTAINED!! Lol.

I'll second that, Don't have to see it we know who entered the data !
Original poster don't get frustrated stagger is not that hard as it's been explained, It's actually pretty simple the fastest karts for oval racing posting the quickest lap times will be the ones that rotate the best thus creating optimal corner speed, there is where stagger comes into play especially rear stagger, you simply set your tires to pressure you wish to race measure around the outside of all the tires, you need the right side tires to measure bigger than the left side, front stagger for now until you learn more can be set at 1 3/8 " and leave it alone, Rear stagger is track depended based on how tight the turns are do not worry about banking or flat for now until you gain experience knowing when to tweak, for now 1/10 th mile track or smaller set rear at 1 1/2 ", 1/8 th mile set rear at 1 1/4 ", 1/6th mile set rear at 1 1/8 ", 1/5 th mile track set rear at 1", 1/4 mile or bigger set rear at 3/4 ".
Feel free to ask more questions.

Good Luck !!
What stagger would you run for Lincoln Speedway?

7/8" worked real well there.
Some karts/drivers just like more stagger, but for roll speed on that big of track, you will likely be under an 1."

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
See I always prefer my front stagger to be maybe a 1/16th+ more in the front for some reason if it’s not identical It seems to make my kart rotate better and seems to make me faster however I have never raced at Lincoln. I was just saying if it is still pushing more in the front will make the front end turn more.

See I always prefer my front stagger to be maybe a 1/16th+ more in the front for some reason if it’s not identical It seems to make my kart rotate better and seems to make me faster however I have never raced at Lincoln. I was just saying if it is still pushing more in the front will make the front end turn more.

That's cool. For sure everyone has their own method and what they like the car to feel like.
If you were to run 15/16" stagger in the front, you will have to drop the RF spindle a bit more than normal to get the cross back up where you need to be.
I generally set my right sides at 34", LF @ 32 1/2", and do all my stagger on the LR only. Likewise, I place both fronts all the way in against the steering arms and the RR all the way in, and just work rear tracking width by moving the LR hub (and rarely at that.) Setting those "variables" more "constant" allows me to focus on other tuning points of the car.

Back