Setup Change

If I went out and bought a 2016 or newer chassis to run on an 1/8th mile track and ran the same weight for each class which would be around 350 what all set up wise would I have to change going from a predator motor with just a few mods and a stock appearing OHV motor making around 18+HP? My predator makes about 9hp and my stock appearing motor should hopefully make around 18+hp. Will I have to change much setup wise with such an increase in power if I wanted to run my predator motor on it or my stock appearing motor one weekend or will chassis not need any adjustments with that change in power?

Ok. I was just wondering if it would be a good idea to change the setup going from predator to stock appearing. I am gonna keep my old kart still and I may just use it for predator next year and put my stock appearing motor on my newer chassis when I go out and purchase it.

Mo Pred Racer, thats what I did. I have 2 Umax BadMax karts. 1 for Out of Box Pred., and one for Stock Appearing. The one BadMax I bought Brand New off the wall at BMI in 2017, it had been on display since New. I put every peice on the kart new also. Im thinking of buying a New chassis this winter also.

a dialed in chassis is a dialed in chassis. if the motor doesn't change the weight percentages what is different? all things being equal same chassis same percentages, same tires same track. the only thing you should need to change is using the break and throttle control. Someone please explain why there is a difference?

The motors should be about 3 pound difference. I want to be on the gas as long as possible and so with 20+hp in stock appearing I am gonna be in the throttle as long as possible before I lift or slightly apply break. The guys at my local track in stock appearing are no joke and I want the chassis to be as fast as possible. I will have the motor and tires to beat them all I need is for my driving and chassis to do the rest.

if you want to be fast you're gonna be hitting that break hard. moving up to this type of class will be a HUGE learning curve. I did this back in the day when i got the twinkle in my eye for limited modified. BIG MISTAKE on my part as i was a pretty good flat head racer i was an average limited driver as are most in these classes. just because your sitting in a high HP kart doesn't = being a good kart racer. I've had plenty of late model drivers accuse everyone of cheating in karts when they can't keep up.

Ok. I was just wondering if it would be a good idea to change the setup going from predator to stock appearing. I am gonna keep my old kart still and I may just use it for predator next year and put my stock appearing motor on my newer chassis when I go out and purchase it.
Believe it or not engines with extra power work very good on old chassis, and engines with low power for stock classes work better with modern chassis which tend to be more free.

Back