Setup difference from Predator to Clone

jaymancds

I have a good setup for my Ultramax for my local "stock" predator class. The setup was heat race winning, and shouldve won the feature. Anywho, I picked up a second kart and an NKA clone to start getting dialed into what the clone will need before the 2021 season. My question is this, if you had a good predator setup, what would you change if you went to a clone on that same kart?

I wouldn't change anything to start for the same race track, unless your considering gearing and air pressure as part of set up it would be different, but be aware the clone may work the right side tires more so you may have to free it up some. However I also would not be satisfied with my current set up just based on where we finished, that would be based on what I'm seeing and what the driver is feeling.

I wouldn't change anything to start for the same race track, unless your considering gearing and air pressure as part of set up it would be different, but be aware the clone may work the right side tires more so you may have to free it up some. However I also would not be satisfied with my current set up just based on where we finished, that would be based on what I'm seeing and what the driver is feeling.
Right, gear, and psi isn't the "setup" since it changes so much with track conditions. The kart felt great, only reason I added the finish was confirm it had good speed as well.

At my track, me and a semi-teammate/mentor run a 4 left 5 right psi, or a 5 left 6 right. Seems to be the ticket most nights for good grip and speed. What would you do with pressure for clone? Higher or lower?

The setup could be finely tweaked but its definitely pretty much on target with what I like to feel.

Right, gear, and psi isn't the "setup" since it changes so much with track conditions. The kart felt great, only reason I added the finish was confirm it had good speed as well.

At my track, me and a semi-teammate/mentor run a 4 left 5 right psi, or a 5 left 6 right. Seems to be the ticket most nights for good grip and speed. What would you do with pressure for clone? Higher or lower?

The setup could be finely tweaked but its definitely pretty much on target with what I like to feel.
Clone would be lower than predator, but not lower than your at now as your to low for predator, which tires are you running now. ?

Clone would be lower than predator, but not lower than your at now as your to low for predator, which tires are you running now. ?
Depends on what I have ready. Sometimes Maxxis, Sometimes cobras. Both with good success. Leaning into going to all cobras at some point.

I usually run my cobras at 9 and 8 and was surprised this past weekend when the track just wasn’t there... I lowered to 7 and took away the split and it rode awesome. I got sent to the tail (for some bs) and still made my way back up to 2nd. It was just real drivable at what many consider low psi for cobras. If the situation arises don’t be afraid to drop it down if need be. Just passing that on.

Back