Setup for flat track

We typically run a flat track. Today we are on a slight banked track. Should I increase my RF negative camber to -3.0°? Currently at -2.75°

driver is complaining about the cart wanting to dart to the inside too much. All four tires increased 0.8 psi in hot laps.

For a pretty good banked track with comparable grip, only thing we changed was add a little left. For slight banked I'd say the kart won't notice any difference.

For a pretty good banked track with comparable grip, only thing we changed was add a little left. For slight banked I'd say the kart won't notice any difference.
You were right. We didn’t change it a bit. Ended up 4th out of 20 something.

But after our 2nd heat I realized that the kart was off. The toe and camber on both sides was out. (Toe was bad) the kart lost 4% cross. Not sure why we brought out scales. But something is totally out of whack. I’m thinking it’s a good time to rebuild the entire front end. We’ve never replaced the spindles or L blocks. Probably close to 30 races from us alone.

It’s been hard to keep the toe for the last month.

I'm assuming your chassis is a triton jr. If so, make sure you always scale with tire pressures above 5/6- we used 6/7 or you will be chasing cross.

If toe and camber keep changing- spin the kingpin bolt and watch the spindle, if the spindle moves up and down when you spin it the kingpin is bent. If it's stable I'd consider changing the spindle.

Just go through and check the heims. Make sure they’re free. Same with tie rod ends and all fasteners are tight. You can usually tell when it’s time for spindles because the kart won’t respond to changes.

Just go through and check the heims. Make sure they’re free. Same with tie rod ends and all fasteners are tight. You can usually tell when it’s time for spindles because the kart won’t respond to changes.
We got about 30 races on it and have never changed the spindles and some other front end parts. No telling how many events were on it before we got it.

will be changing it all this week.

Back