Setup for LO206 Asphalt / Technical Track

ElLoco

Hi guys, so I’m new to the LO206 class. I used to run X-30, but had to move to 206 because I simply couldn’t afford that class anymore. I need help with my tune. I’ll be racing in Florida for the most part. Mainly central and southern.

Last edited:
The very first thread lays it out pretty well. Lo 206 carb settings .
Brian carlson explains it also , as do some other knowledgeable. Folks .
You want it too idle. In case you spin out .
Scroll on down through this section its all laid out quite well .
I believe they tend to hunt for a idle speed till warm .

Start the engine (kart on the ground) and raise the idle rpm to 2200 with the idle adjuster screw (directly under the slide.)
Next, turn the air bleed adjuster screw (one closest to the air filter) out (counterclockwise) to lean the engine at idle until the engine increases to it's highest rpm at idle. If turning the air bleed adjuster screw out didn't raise the rpm, then turn it in until you find the highest idle rpm.
Make sure that the engine doesn't run high enough rpm to engage the clutch and get away from you.
Finally, turn the idle screw out (counterclockwise) until the idle is once again at 2200.
Credit : Mr . Carlson

Start the engine (kart on the ground) and raise the idle rpm to 2200 with the idle adjuster screw (directly under the slide.)
Next, turn the air bleed adjuster screw (one closest to the air filter) out (counterclockwise) to lean the engine at idle until the engine increases to it's highest rpm at idle. If turning the air bleed adjuster screw out didn't raise the rpm, then turn it in until you find the highest idle rpm.
Make sure that the engine doesn't run high enough rpm to engage the clutch and get away from you.
Finally, turn the idle screw out (counterclockwise) until the idle is once again at 2200.
Thank you guys, can’t tell you how much this helps me.

One quick question. How many turns out from TOS should I start from?

Thanks guys...I just replied to ElLoco's question on setting the airbleed in another thread. I should have looked around before I typed that all out -- at least I didn't contradict myself. Getting old is no fun. Maybe I should run for President. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks guys...I just replied to ElLoco's question on setting the airbleed in another thread. I should have looked around before I typed that all out -- at least I didn't contradict myself. Getting old is no fun. Maybe I should run for President. :ROFLMAO:
Thank you Brian. Lots of help today on the track.

Back