Seven stars speedway April 14th

This Friday April 14th will be a regular points race plus $500 to win clone 375 sponsored by all star cuts and prestige power washing and KKP and Benner’s butcher shop! See everyone Friday!!

Going to be great night for racing track is in great shape smooth and fast , if you've not raced here yet or it's been awhile get em ready and come join in, have reservations on coming because of not knowing set-up, gearing, or tires feel free to contact me we'll hook ya up being prepared going in, plus come to your pit and give support during the race. 717 712 3437
Good Luck !!

125 total entries without forcing everyone to run 2 classes , To bad that little cell moved in raining out the last 3 races, especially the Pro Clone $500 to win, in knowing the top 10 qualifiers it was fixing to be a good one.
The 2023 season has officially begun

Last Friday was my first trip to 7 Stars and I had a great time. Learned a bunch about how the kart should feel and got schooled on how much speed the track can pick up over the night, 2 less teeth would have made a huge difference in the feature. I would like to ask a couple of questions.
1) if you were to describe the track Friday night how would you describe it. High bite? hard? Dusty? wet? Trying to learn when watching discussions about track conditions how to relate it to what I am seeing.
2) Ken you said if you would have found me you would have told me less air. What did you see that changed your recommendation through the night?
3). How heavy of a prep tire should have been used for the feature? I was a 1/2 to 1 psi too much air maybe. I was just a little loose and maybe perfect for the gearing. But if I had the correct gearing I would have been very loose I think. Not sure if the answer was less air or more prep.

I have learned there is multiple ways to fix issues, just looking for ideas as I go. Friday was by far the best the kart ever handled. Thanks you to all the help from the forum to get this far. And Safe racing to all.

Last Friday was my first trip to 7 Stars and I had a great time. Learned a bunch about how the kart should feel and got schooled on how much speed the track can pick up over the night, 2 less teeth would have made a huge difference in the feature. I would like to ask a couple of questions.
1) if you were to describe the track Friday night how would you describe it. High bite? hard? Dusty? wet? Trying to learn when watching discussions about track conditions how to relate it to what I am seeing.
2) Ken you said if you would have found me you would have told me less air. What did you see that changed your recommendation through the night?
3). How heavy of a prep tire should have been used for the feature? I was a 1/2 to 1 psi too much air maybe. I was just a little loose and maybe perfect for the gearing. But if I had the gripcorrect gearing I would have been very loose I think. Not sure if the answer was less air or more prep.

I have learned there is multiple ways to fix issues, just looking for ideas as I go. Friday was by far the best the kart ever handled. Thanks you to all the help from the forum to get this far. And Safe racing to all.
When talking track I prefer to use the term grip vs bite, I use the term bite when talking tires, anyway 7 stars is ALWAYS hard and makes decent grip, the more total entries the better the grip on normal Friday nights when they run heat races, then features.
On this night they ran time trials and then what happens is everyone pretty much runs the same line the groove doesn't get widened out, and with less total laps for qualifying track was still moist somewhat slicked over going into the features, 3 to 4 th behind normal lap times.
Just those facts is why I was looking for you to tell you less than normal air, which for normal I told you 9 and 8 lb. Where lap times were told me track wasn't ready for quite that much air , had I found you when I walked to your pit, and up to the grid area I would have told you 1.5 to 1.75 lb less air. The tire you raced on wasn't to far off with no prep just little to cured being 2022s.
A new set of 2023s Burris 33a round cut with 3 or 4 heat cycles on them, no prep ever would have been the ticket for you.
For your time trial a set of seasoned 2022 date code with 6 or more heat cycles prepped with a medium base prep some last season and wiped a few coats during the week earlier this month, then wiped and torched with medium Friday night would of been the ticket to qualify for you.
The less air and fresher tire would have produced the added bite needed for your race and you would have been much better, then little smoother on the wheel, more consistently hitting your line , kart needs a few tweaks and your set.
Until you responded here it fully didn't register it was you Friday night, my bad I should have ask more detailed questions as I give out a lot of info to different folks, in my mind Friday night I had you being a guy from NY wanting to make it down to race predator, now thinking back the #25 on your kart should have help me identify you. Feel Free to reach out if you need more info.

You were a great help. That is what I was looking for. Trying to put the words I read here to what I see on the ground. I really came out because I needed a night away and was hanging out with my dad. I did not decide I was going till Thursday night. Thanks again.

Back