Shadow envii

Colt sr

I have a 2011 shadow envii running a flathead i am a heavier man so i don't have any lead on the kart but i have tried everything but add lead and its pushing so bad i have to lift to get it straightened out.. Does anyone have any suggestions. The track i run has the class set at 360. I weigh about 210 so i know i am weighing at least 400 in the kart

May be driving in too hard.
Need all setup details along with tire type prep and track size/ type .

Burris ss33a tires 1 1/2 front stagger 5/8 rear stagger 1/6 mile clay dirt track and the setup on scales is what shadow recommended 63 percent cross 57 left 46 front

- - - Updated - - -

Pushes when track is dry or tacky...

Changed the rear stagger and its still pushing like a freight train... I tried moving the left rear away from the frame more and made it worse... Did i go the wrong way with it???

Burris ss33a tires 1 1/2 front stagger 5/8 rear stagger 1/6 mile clay dirt track and the setup on scales is what shadow recommended 63 percent cross 57 left 46 front

- - - Updated - - -

What are the cambers at ? 5/8" rear stagger is NOT enough go to 1" min I'd go even more than that, Tires are way off only HL and simple green not aggressive enough to make enough bite.

Changed the rear stagger and its still pushing like a freight train... I tried moving the left rear away from the frame more and made it worse... Did i go the wrong way with it???

No you didn't go the wrong way, you saw No or worse effect because the tires are that far off just not matching up with track conditions.
What air pressures are you using ?

7.5 left 8.5 right... Went to 1 inch on rear... Light prep of fhs green... Tires are 2015 date codes... Simple green used to wash tires not as a prep...

7.5 left 8.5 right... Went to 1 inch on rear... Light prep of fhs green... Tires are 2015 date codes... Simple green used to wash tires not as a prep...

7.5 left 8.5 right ? are you getting camber confused with castor possibly ? camber should be more like .25 to .75 POS left front, and 2.5 to 2.75 NEG right front.

Correct . Even at that the caster appears off.
The right should be at least 9.5 or 10.5 .

I was waiting to see his response confirming before pointing that out, but yes your correct IF that was castor it's off I'd try 7 & 10. but unless right front camber is WAY off his biggest issue is TIRES not hooking up to the track at all.

I was waiting to see his response confirming before pointing that out, but yes your correct IF that was castor it's off I'd try 7 & 10. but unless right front camber is WAY off his biggest issue is TIRES not hooking up to the track at all.

yup, simple green killing the hot lap, id clean with hl too ;)

yup, simple green killing the hot lap, id clean with hl too ;)

Plus I'd be wondering if the HL is aggressive enough 2015 tires could be punching 60 even with HL , If it requires a 33 in the 40's with even a medium based prep, yep it's gonna push even if set-up is good.

Plus I'd be wondering if the HL is enough 2015 tires could be punching 60 even with HL , If it requires a 33 in the 40's with even a medium based prep, yep it's gonna push even if set-up is good.

very possible, just a fresh set may do wonders.
Also not near enough rear stagger as the other have mentioned.

- - - Updated - - -

pushes where?

Throw everything you've tried out the window and start over.
Set staggers at 1.5" front and 1.25" rear, set air pressures at 6 lb in rights and 5 lb in lefts ( to scale ), put tires on kart adjust rear hubs so you have RR from inside edge of wheel to cassette hanger 1/4" and LR 7/8" inside of wheel to cassette hanger, zero scales and re-scale at 46% nose, 57% left, I'd lower cross to 61%, 7 & 10 Castor, RF camber 2.5 Neg, LF camber .75 Pos, Get a lot more BITE in tires then try it and see what you got.
Report back from there you may need more aggressive prep, or you may need a fresher tire or both.

Good Luck !!

Back