Shadow excel setup

http://www.shadowkarts.com/

Select the Chassis Page and at the bottom right of the page you can get a down load of the Model set-up sheets.
Sox Racing/Shadow Racing Chassis always answered the phone and gave us some good help when ever we called.

It always helps when you have your chassis #... (it located on left rear near bearing hanger as I recall) that way they can hone in to the exact kart...and if there were any changes made during the frames production history.

Good people and been around for a long time..and they are still going at it....

2223 Platt Springs Rd.
West Columbia, SC 29169

Shadow Racing Chassis (803) 794-7247
Sox Racing Engines (803) 791-7050
Fax (803) 791-7089
Orders Only 1-800-553-9294

Anyone out there experienced with shadow chassis. Recommended setup isn't even close!
i’m wondering, Shadow is giving out setup information blind, they don’t know what track you’re running on, and if they’re anywhere even close, I would call that good.
I’m thinking if you want better setup information, you would have to tell people under what conditions you’re racing.
Not that I could help, but before I would even attempt to help, I would want to know where you’re at now. What are your % now, what tires, what staggers, what size track including turn radius and length of the straights. Any banking?
There are people here that seem to love helping fellow karters, but they need information to sort things out.
Comments, compliments, criticisms and questions always welcome.

i’m wondering, Shadow is giving out setup information blind, they don’t know what track you’re running on, and if they’re anywhere even close, I would call that good.
I’m thinking if you want better setup information, you would have to tell people under what conditions you’re racing.
Not that I could help, but before I would even attempt to help, I would want to know where you’re at now. What are your % now, what tires, what staggers, what size track including turn radius and length of the straights. Any banking?
There are people here that seem to love helping fellow karters, but they need information to sort things out.
Comments, compliments, criticisms and questions always welcome.

Most anyone who is good dont need but a little info to be able to help. The kart dont know what tires are on it, what size or turn radius of the track, etc., the kart just needs the numbers that it will perform its best at.

Agree, 100% Alvin ^^^
One set of #'s is not a fix all for all tracks. The set-up is just for a "base" starting point..
Each track needs some degree of tweaking from there. The specific track or tracks information is extremely important. Especially if you are running at different tracks from week to week.
In our case after relating the track/s and track information they were able to give us suggested type of adjustments we needed to make...based on their history and knowledge of that or similar tracks. Many of which they already had some experience on or had feed back on... But, hey! the tracks are not necessarily even the same every week either...dirt moves. Don't you just hate all the variables.

Well what I can tell you is that the tracks I run are small. 8th and 10th mile. Low bite low bank. The base setup for this chassis causes it to be tight and it won't turn down into the corner. I have ran a lot lower cross than the recommended 62% and that helps it out a little but then it's tight in the apex and crazy loose coming out.

if you good going in,, and push coming out, and lowering cross helped.. lower it another washer or so.. little more front stagger on a banked track..

Back