Shield fogging

Thats a good question. We have tried shaving cream, rain x, and some stuff I got from a motorcycle shop. No luck with any of it.

A dab of Dawn soap, rub it on inside of shield with finger then wipe lightly to wipe off any excess with paper towel. Works great.

Thats a good question. We have tried shaving cream, rain x, and some stuff I got from a motorcycle shop. No luck with any of it.

Just out of curiosity, when you say Rain X, do you mean the Rain X we are all familiar with, or do you mean a less commonly found product also by them, Rain X Anti-Fog? No luck with regular Rain X, but we have had very good luck with Rain X Anti-Fog.

Just out of curiosity, when you say Rain X, do you mean the Rain X we are all familiar with, or do you mean a less commonly found product also by them, Rain X Anti-Fog? No luck with regular Rain X, but we have had very good luck with Rain X Anti-Fog.
We tried the anti-fog. A friend said it worked. We had no luck. We never tried the original. We have Zamp helmets now. Plan on getting their anti fog liner they sell and try it. I told them quit breathing hard LOL!!!!

IMO, Drill a small hole on the bottom on both sides of the visor. Also make sure your ventilation flow coming into the helmet is clean of debris.

Al you need to make this a spreadsheet in case this comes up again or at least a good old fashioned pie chart. Lol! I kid buddy I kid!

Al you need to make this a spreadsheet in case this comes up again or at least a good old fashioned pie chart. Lol! I kid buddy I kid!
I tried. Microsoft, in their wisdom, decided to make all the instructions for creating a chart in type that I can't read with my bad eyes. I'd like to talk to the idiot who thinks that Number 9 Font, in very pale blue, was the artsy thing to use in spreadsheet.

We tried the anti-fog. A friend said it worked. We had no luck. We never tried the original. We have Zamp helmets now. Plan on getting their anti fog liner they sell and try it. I told them quit breathing hard LOL!!!!

I hear you, lol. I rode a motorcycle to work 18 miles each way for years, including in the winter if the temperature was 25 degrees or higher by the time I left for work. On the really bad days, if my visor insisted on trying to fog no matter how I had treated it, I pulled in my lower jaw and lip, then breathed in through my nose and out through my mouth; with my upper lip out farther than my lower lip, that forced my exhaled breath down, which cured the problem pretty much - a quarter inch band of fog on the lower edge of the visor wasn't a problem when the visor wasn't totally clear. Worth a try.

Back