Shifter Kart ID help...

Todes320

Trying to figure out what chassis this is and year? I know its a 125CC, looks like a TM Racing engine shifter kart, disc brakes on each wheel.
Is it possible to convert chassis to a IAME Mini kids class fixed gear?

Thanks for the help!

Kart.jpeg
kart2.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like an older Birel. No one that I know of runs a TM anymore. I'm not sure of parts availability for it either.
You might get 1500 for it, maybe?
Don't waste you money converting it to anything else. Just sell it and buy the right stuff.
Clark Sr.

Looks like an older Birel. No one that I know of runs a TM anymore. I'm not sure of parts availability for it either.
You might get 1500 for it, maybe?
Don't waste you money converting it to anything else. Just sell it and buy the right stuff.
Clark Sr.
Thanks for the info, Is there a recommended chassis for a 9 year old? Looks like the classes here in florida require the IAME Mini engine for his age group , not sure about the chassis tho. We've been racing Asphault oval the past year and looking to explore road course racing. Probably plan on racing in Orlando or Homestead.

I would recommend you buy a chassis that you can get the best support for.if you manly race at one track then look into what they sell. Sometimes that the best choice. Otherwise you have to consider what you will do when break something in between rounds. Will you enough spare parts and if not will they what you need.

Check the rules.....talk to the Dad's at the track. I suspect for a 9 year old, they're running Cadet size karts. If so, get that, not a converted shifter chassis. As Brian states, get what's popular at the tracks you'll be running. Also deal with the dealer(s) who support those tracks too. Their help at events is worth their weight in gold.
Have fun,
Clark Gaynor Sr.

Back