Shipping An Engine?

hey all, not entirely sure what to do here. has anyone ever shipped an engine on here. Its a baja 196cc that I built. What company did you use? how did you package it? What did it cost? Thanks in advance

I got shipped a motor I bought from here and it was triple boxed. I sent a motor to my motor builder and it cost about 47 bukc shipped I think. I had a red flathead crate that I shipped the motor in and I just cut a piece of wood and bolted the motor to the wood and put it in the box and put some paper around it all and ziptied the top shut and shipped it. We used UPS.

Packaged well double box no protruding parts . everything in a bag .
Price varies . but 50.00 $ may be higer now been a year .

No oil or fluids.

Got one with the box soaked from oil still in crankcase.
What a mess. Surprised it got delivered at all.

I got shipped a motor I bought from here and it was triple boxed. I sent a motor to my motor builder and it cost about 47 bukc shipped I think. I had a red flathead crate that I shipped the motor in and I just cut a piece of wood and bolted the motor to the wood and put it in the box and put some paper around it all and ziptied the top shut and shipped it. We used UPS.
UPS will charge extra if the crate is not wrapped in cardboard.

I ship engines (dozens of them) via UPS using a 16x16x16 cardboard box with a piece of plywood in the bottom as a base. Pack tightly with packing material.

Back