Shipping charges

Slackf7

I recently went on a kart site was going to order some of the alum. Washers that I've used past few years and I ordered 16 of them and added two small kill switches for clone motor shipping to send me that stuff was going to be 17 dollars n some change I just don't understand how something I know could be shipped for few dollars would cost me 17.93 for shipping anyone else know where I can get these where shipping isn't dang near 20 bucks ???

I think the same thing, but then I ask myself can I drive to pick it up cheaper than having it shipped and 99.9% time its no. Ups fed ex have their rates and aint gonna change them.

Thats why I use the post office - flat rate boxes cheap and easy, if its fits it goes regardless, can pack it with lead if you want lol

That's what I do. I mean for same price there asking to ship me those washers I can put like two bucks with that n have whole mixed case of f.t.s tire prep sent to me just don't make sense

The shipping calculator on many of these online stores don't work right... I know ours don't.. SO we use the store to ONLY collect the info and then we run the credit card manually ourselves and recalculate the shipping in the best interest of the customer... OUR record has shown the extra efford we have made..

UPS,,FedEx,,and Postal all have continually went up and I'm sure theirs no reversal.... Post Office has continually had to be bailed out for losing money.. We may see it somewhat disappear in the future...

I dont understand why people buy washers and hardware like that from stores or kartshops and pay $15+ for shipping when you can get the exact same thing or something very close to the same at your local hardware store 99% of the time. I have went thru my kart and replaced everything with new hardware, all from the hardware store, even the washers we use to adjust cross, they were the exact same ones. Hardware is hardware, IMO.

We offer UPS and USPS. For the big items UPS is good but why pay $20 to ship a wheel hub when for the same money you could ship a set of tires. You can pick flat rate, or Priority mail for the small stuff. Way cheaper and just as reliable.

My company used to use UPS for most shipping and then FedEX came in and offered us a deal. We currently get close to a 50% discount off standard shipping rates with FedEX. I bought a kart on ebay a few months ago and sent shipping labels to have it sent to me. A full size kart cost less than $100 to ship from Florida to Texas and got here in three days! I'm sure some of the companies involved in karting ship enough every day to work some sort of deal.

And on shipping costs, if a company uses a shipping cost calculator which is usually based on COG I tend to avoid them. I've bought from Dover and what he says above is true. Comet also only bills the actual shipping charges.

I recently went on a kart site was going to order some of the alum. Washers that I've used past few years and I ordered 16 of them and added two small kill switches for clone motor shipping to send me that stuff was going to be 17 dollars n some change I just don't understand how something I know could be shipped for few dollars would cost me 17.93 for shipping anyone else know where I can get these where shipping isn't dang near 20 bucks ???

By any chance were you dealing with PMI? I just ordered a few very small items from them and curiously it also costed 17 dollars to ship. I called to question it and was told basically "it is what it is". The items arrived in a medium sized yellow envelope and weighed less than 1 pound. I've shipped a box of tires 3 states away for that price. I know shipping isn't cheap but there's no reason for one shop to be so far out of line with the rest.

You guys should be very happy with only paying such a small amount for shipping...
Try shipping stuff over here...not only do you pay 3x's more for shipping then there is customs and taxes at 13%, and a handeling charge.

holly cow 13% on out of country tax!!! dude you need to sneak that stuff in...

No that is our tax on everything you buy period...groceries, beer, gas, gum, etc...then their is extra tax on top of that if it is tires, paint, oil, etc...
But hey we got health care...

No I'd rather not mention name of company just so in some odd reason I don't get papers in mail saying I gotta go to court lol but no I was trying to order some of the nice heavy duty alum. Beveled washers to mount my body with n two small clone kill switches but I canceled order bc of shipping cost ill take one to local machine shop see if I can strike up a deal with them to make me some

Back