Shoe style clutch maintenance?

What clutch do you have? We run the Hillard Fire and all I do is lightly grease the bearing and a quick clean every few weeks.

You can use scotch bright and some sandpaper to scuff the inside of the drum and the shoes on the clutch. Dont do it to rough though. This may sound like bull but I wipe a very small amount of wd40 on the inside of the drum. I cant remember what it is supposed to help with but it works. BUT NEVER SPRAY WD40 DIRECTLY ON DRUM OR IN CLUTCH.

You can use scotch bright and some sandpaper to scuff the inside of the drum and the shoes on the clutch. Dont do it to rough though. This may sound like bull but I wipe a very small amount of wd40 on the inside of the drum. I cant remember what it is supposed to help with but it works. BUT NEVER SPRAY WD40 DIRECTLY ON DRUM OR IN CLUTCH.
I don't even own a drum clutch but I imagine it keeps it from rusting a very small bit from race to race. If the shoes don't have to sand off rust everytime out they last longer. But if you lube it too much and they slip, then you'll probably burn more shoe that not lubing at all.

Back