Should I use resistor or non resistor Autolite AR3910X spark plugs on a predator 212cc

So im buying new spark plugs, and obviously I know they probably don't make resistor Autolite 3910X racing spark plugs but I have a Stock Predator 212cc engine and we use Autolite Racing 3910X spark plugs because its a racing engine for racing purposes thats why I dont use NGK BRE6S spark plugs because if that Predator was on a generator i would, but otherwise its for racing purposes so i use racing plugs, what do recommend non resistor or resistor

Are you having trouble with the BPR6ES? Too hot? Too cold? If its fine keep running those. If its stock like you say it isnt a racing engine so dont put colder racing plugs in it.

Whatever plug doesn't foul out and is the correct heat range for the set-up. Without knowing how it's built it's hard to just ramble off a plug but seriously like I told you in the other thread you don't need a 3910x for that engine. Why everyone thinks because it's a 4 post electrode it'll work better baffles me. It is too cold of a plug and guarantee a hotter plug will give a better results in your application. No you don't have to use the plug that came stock in it but you should be using a hotter plug. Ngk makes race plugs that come in a variety of heat ranges.

The schools don’t even teach cursive now! I doubt that punctuation is a priority. The youth of America will not be able to sign a document anymore!

Let's eat kids.

Let's eat, kids.

Punctuation is important.

In Don's defense, we need some punctuation to help properly convey our questions, or ideas.

My stupid phone automatically puts a period where I asked for a comma.
I've seen others have this problem as well.

Our racing isn't the only thing we can improve by using this site.

Thanks, Bob.

Last edited:
Let's eat kids.

Let's eat, kids.

Punctuation is important.

In Don's defense, we need some punctuation to help properly convey our questions, or ideas.

My stupid phone automatically puts a period where I asked for a comma.
I've seen others have this problem as well.

Our racing isn't the only thing we can improve by using this site.

Thanks, Bob.
There's not a person on here that would say Don doesn't know the answer to this guy's question. Dons an extremely sharp gentleman. But instead of just helping the guy he wanted to call him stupid. If somebody writes on a piece of paper "I'm dying of thirst" are you going to give them a glass of water or correct their spelling?

Your question is do you need to use a resistor plug or not.
The answer is NO. A resister only helps keep static off of radios and some electronic Ignitions used in cars, and boats. I don't know that it makes any difference when using a magneto! I can't find any evidence that is does.

If you plan on using an inductive tach, use a resistor plug. My mychron 4 doesn't like the RFI from a non-resistor.

Whatever plug doesn't foul out and is the correct heat range for the set-up. Without knowing how it's built it's hard to just ramble off a plug but seriously like I told you in the other thread you don't need a 3910x for that engine. Why everyone thinks because it's a 4 post electrode it'll work better baffles me. It is too cold of a plug and guarantee a hotter plug will give a better results in your application. No you don't have to use the plug that came stock in it but you should be using a hotter plug. Ngk makes race plugs that come in a variety of heat ranges.
Clearly you have no dyno time invested in your opinion

Exactly even a professional engine builder recommended an Autolite 3910X for predators being used for racing regardless if there stock or stock appearing or built
Um a built predator runs on alky most the time, so plugs among stock, stock appearing and built predators arnt the same. I won’t run the same plug in a box stock predator as I will a small block open predator.

Back