Should on board and helmet cams be banned?

Ok, Just one more - directly off the snell website.

"MODIFICATIONS

Cosmetic changes to certified headgear are permissible. Such changes are generally limited to marking or trimming the headgear with manufacturer approved paint or tape. Otherwise, modifications to certified headgear effectively create new configurations which shall not have the confidence and certification of the Foundation until properly evaluated. Manufacturers must not place the Foundation's certification label in any modified headgear without the Foundation’s written authorization.

The Foundation recommends that helmet owners not modify or contract with someone else to modify their helmets. Any structural modification may adversely affect a helmet's protective capability. The Foundation’s certification and, quite likely, all manufacturer warranties apply to the headgear only in its as manufactured condition."

This should be pretty easy to understand. If the snell foundation doesn't approve alterations (a go pro may be considered an alteration), it's not snell rated - therefore it is not covered by the track insurance. Liabilities then run amuck in a court of law.

The snell debate could go on forever we can speculate all we want about how it might go in a court, but all that is, is speculation.

Ok, Just one more - directly off the snell website.

This should be pretty easy to understand. If the snell foundation doesn't approve alterations (a go pro may be considered an alteration), it's not snell rated - therefore it is not covered by the track insurance. Liabilities then run amuck in a court of law.

This is them covering their own azz.

Have your track ban them. Problem solved!

I agree this is way out there. Grasping at straws, put them on the kart or somewhere else. Doesn't really relate to the OP's original intent in banning them completely for reasons unknown.

And if you told me my snell rating was void due to adhering a piece of plastic to it. I'd laugh at you and tell you to go cry to your mommy.

Our racetrack banned them 3 years ago - not because they were dangerous and not because we wanted to, but because our sanctioning body and track insurer couldn't guarantee coverage if they were worn.

Our racetrack banned them 3 years ago - not because they were dangerous and not because we wanted to, but because our sanctioning body and track insurer couldn't guarantee coverage if they were worn.

what track is that.........just curious.....pretty ridiculous..

Lmao, safety from what? It jumping off and attacking people? Biting their toes when they're not expecting it?
The amount if bat**** ideas people coming up with. Attach it to the kart, then it's not worn. Lol

Lmao, safety from what? It jumping off and attacking people? Biting their toes when they're not expecting it?
The amount if bat**** ideas people coming up with. Attach it to the kart, then it's not worn. Lol

i say ridiculous if the kindess way as we do now have "laws" on how to cross a street....at least here..

Lol, if they believe cameras on a helmet is a safety issue, then my theory of it jumping off and biting people's toes isn't too far fetched. They could essentially just rule the whole operation unsafe and close it down if the helmet cams are just a step too far in the wrong direction.

what track is that.........just curious.....pretty ridiculous..

I didn't say it wasn't ridiculous, I just gave the facts. When your sanctioning body is being sued, their insurance company starts looking at all facets of track safety. What I think is silly is that there are other sanctioning bodies out there that don't think it will happen to them. Some of you may think it's dumb, but wait until someones child dies - what you say or what you do doesn't matter - what matters is where liabilities lie. I personally am not on the board of this track anymore. Five years of work and the 1,000's of things that a kart racer could never dream of kinda burns a guy out. But here's the track. Maybe you've heard of it, maybe you haven't - enjoy the pics, like the facebook page.

www.southdakotakartclub.com

I didn't say it wasn't ridiculous, I just gave the facts. When your sanctioning body is being sued, their insurance company starts looking at all facets of track safety. What I think is silly is that there are other sanctioning bodies out there that don't think it will happen to them. Some of you may think it's dumb, but wait until someones child dies - what you say or what you do doesn't matter - what matters is where liabilities lie. I personally am not on the board of this track anymore. Five years of work and the 1,000's of things that a kart racer could never dream of kinda burns a guy out. But here's the track. Maybe you've heard of it, maybe you haven't - enjoy the pics, like the facebook page.

www.southdakotakartclub.com

diffently ridiculous and ikf states just not on the person......a child can die racing....or crossing the street....or with gettin hit in the face with a hunk of lead....dieing from a camera...haha..but hey this isnt towards u or the track....just ridiculous things that is a exsample of what this day of age has come to....

Back