Side Torsion Bar Offset Chassis

BBaxx

I have what is probably a vintage (possibly homemade) offset chassis. I’ve never been too anxious to identify it, but this side torsion bar keeps me searching for something comparable with no luck so far. Does anyone recognize this chassis specifically? If not, what would be your opinion on the side bar’s effectiveness on an offset kart? Thanks

Attachments

• 4DCBC929-0E52-459C-8EFD-B9582A69283A.jpeg
    4DCBC929-0E52-459C-8EFD-B9582A69283A.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 421
  • 5D4F3DAE-A41F-4DC1-A222-C1E3E4FDB461.jpeg
    5D4F3DAE-A41F-4DC1-A222-C1E3E4FDB461.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 418
  • ED4B877A-E272-4318-B59D-F51E4DA54D30.jpeg
    ED4B877A-E272-4318-B59D-F51E4DA54D30.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 408
They were definitely not afraid to let their mind wander outside the box when that was created. Pretty cool 😎

I wonder if Comet card sales could have had anything to do with that. There are some features in that front end reminiscent of a kart they built back in the late 70s.

It looks to be in excellent condition.
If you don't like it, find a vintage racer who I'm sure would love to have it.

Depending on the opens in your area, it may turn out to be competitive.

The first dedicated left turn only chasssis I ever saw was an x frame Olson.
Don't remember much about it except the extended "porch" on the front.

Well that makes me feel a little better about it.
It looks to be in excellent condition.
If you don't like it, find a vintage racer who I'm sure would love to have it.

Depending on the opens in your area, it may turn out to be competitive.

The first dedicated left turn only chasssis I ever saw was an x frame Olson.
Don't remember much about it except the extended "porch" on the front.
[/QUOTE
Well this is fairly encouraging to hear. This was my first kart and for some reason it has been the only one that has a permanent place in my garage. Others come and go. Something about the first kart. And i've still never run it! Pretty excited to get it on the track. It came with an entire nice flattop raptor 3 engine package but currently in the middle of transitioning. Its Going to be happening soon.

This was my first kart and for some reason it has been the only one that has a permanent place in my garage. Others come and go. Something about the first kart. And i've still never run it! Pretty excited to get it on the track. It came with an entire nice flattop raptor 3 engine package but currently in the middle of transitioning. Its Going to be happening soon.

OMG This is a late 90s White Chassis made by Jimmy White. I drove a 1995 White Chassis to my first championship in 1995. In 1996 Jimmy came out with the blade but it was not removable. So this would be a 1997ish if it's a inch and a eight and later if it's a inch and a quarter. Jimmy sold the company around 2002. Best tig welded chassis I ever saw. Jimmy also made midget chassis that's where the K frame came from.

OMG This is a late 90s White Chassis made by Jimmy White. I drove a 1995 White Chassis to my first championship in 1995. In 1996 Jimmy came out with the blade but it was not removable. So this would be a 1997ish if it's a inch and a eight and later if it's a inch and a quarter. Jimmy sold the company around 2002. Best tig welded chassis I ever saw. Jimmy also made midget chassis that's where the K frame came from.

Well that sounds like confident, definitive results! Thank you very much. Now I can actually do a little research and find out more. Thanks again!

I have what is probably a vintage (possibly homemade) offset chassis. I’ve never been too anxious to identify it, but this side torsion bar keeps me searching for something comparable with no luck so far. Does anyone recognize this chassis specifically? If not, what would be your opinion on the side bar’s effectiveness on an offset kart? Thanks
What you have is a White LTO with it blade. Be around a 2000 model. I have one with a limited on it. It is a very good kart.

Might make a nice backyard track fun kart but way outdated to be competitive at most tracks.
That my friend is deffinatly misinformation.a whole group of guys used to get our asses kicked by a 1979 bandit chassis.lol if he didnt get hurt in a truck crash he would still be racing that fast piece of scrap metal😂i bet he won 30-40 races on that kart.about 6-7 yrs ago.

Back