Simple Green

Pap65

Use simple green to clean Burris 33a yes or no? I've been told to use it to clean tires then I've been told use that on your tires it's a degreaser and will pull the oil out if the tire.

Around here it's used 20 to 1 including the best tire guy's & gal's here that are always up front, I've never used the tire washes but everyone saying how great it is because how the tire feels after cleaning describes the same feel as simple green, personally myself my thoughts are MOST everyone claiming that is trying to sell you something, MOST others are just repeating what they've been told. If you feel it does pull any oils out just wipe them once a month with WD40 still CHEAPER, If you feel it pulls any prep out that's probably a good thing as most 33's are best prepped only on the outer surface anyway.
I'm sticking with Simple Green !!

I am hearing more and more to not use simple green.
I highly recommend using Track Tac (the Blue tire wash)
Simply apply product, wipe with rag, rinse with water. It works great.

I am hearing more and more to not use simple green.
I highly recommend using Track Tac (the Blue tire wash)
Simply apply product, wipe with rag, rinse with water. It works great.

Most times, you don't even need water. Spray with track tac, let sit 30 seconds, wipe hard with a full sized bath towel. Clean as can be. I bring 3 towels with me for this. Rarely ever have to use water.

OK had to do a little experiment, I just took a brand new clean raced 1 time BURRIS 11 sprayed it with straight simple green scrubbed it real good and rinsed in fresh clean water, NO sign of any oily rings coming to surface, sprayed just a little spritz of WD 40 into same clean water and instantly oily rings floating in water, that confirms it for ME !!

What advantage does simple green have over dawn and water?
Never said it has an advantage, Just pointing out it's not a disadvantage and just as good in my book as a more expensive products that get pushed, I used to use cheap shampoo worked fine, switched to simple green because I find it easier for me.
I would think Dawn would get same theory applied as simple green as to pulling oils out of the tires, by others not by me !!

Just was wondering if there was an advantage or not, so was just asking. I now use baby shampoo and works great.

Always hear not to use it for pulling prep work out of the tires. Was at a large race in the South East with the biggest names in the business. Parts trailer that traveled with that series had at least 15 gallons on the trailer for sale. You be the judge of that.

For what it’s worth I use the blue tire wash on mine. However back when we were running comer class kid karts we ran Hoosier d10a tires. We would rough the tire up with 120 grit spray it down with simple green and wrap them in plastic wrap..... won two track championships with that concoction!

One thing to consider about using degreasers as a cleaner for your tires:
Look at your drying towel. Is it black after drying? Where did that come from? What is that "black" if it's not dirt?
Just saying.
Simple Green is a great cleaner/degreaser. We use it to clean our air filters and the rest of the kart. It may or may not be what you want to use on your tires. It WILL pull oil and oil based prep to the surface of your tires - that's what a degreaser is intended to do. 409, Purple Power, Mean Green, etc -- all work the same way. Look in your wash bucket at the end of the night, or that ring of oily goo that's at the water line the next day.

FWIW: I just recommended to a guy over the phone that he use Simple Green on his tires between runs. His track mandates that you run the same tires all night long and are only allowed to wash the tires when you come off of the track. If he builds enough base of prep in his tires during the week, he can keep cleaning that same set all night with SG and keep pulling the oils up to the surface. Now, I'm not sure that the track officials will see SG as a cleaner or prep at that point. That's a discussion they're going to have to have. When mineral spirits looks just like water, good luck trying to tech a no prep rule at the track.

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

If you have a no prep rule simple green during a wash cycle sure helps the tire feel new again. When we raced big cars I sprayed them with simple green then power washed them and like others have described it helps them get that grippy feel again. I don't believe for a second it pulls all the prep work out of a tire but I believe it helps bring that prep to the surface. Important part is to always rinse all the soap off be it simple green, dawn or whatever your favorite concoction may be.

If you have a no prep rule simple green during a wash cycle sure helps the tire feel new again. When we raced big cars I sprayed them with simple green then power washed them and like others have described it helps them get that grippy feel again. I don't believe for a second it pulls all the prep work out of a tire but I believe it helps bring that prep to the surface. Important part is to always rinse all the soap off be it simple green, dawn or whatever your favorite concoction may be.
So if its pulling the prep to the surface that is taking the prep from deep down and wicking it up.... Whats replacing the prep from deep in the tire that gets brought to the surface? Not taking sides here just asking is all

So if its pulling the prep to the surface that is taking the prep from deep down and wicking it up.... Whats replacing the prep from deep in the tire that gets brought to the surface? Not taking sides here just asking is all
I don't believe its pulling that MUCH to the surface just enough to make it feel grippy again. Its not that concentrated of a degreaser like you would spray in an oven. And sometimes on these kart tires after I wash them with just water they feel grippy similar to how they did before a run. I agree with racing promotor most are trying to sell you something. To each his own if you want to spend money on tire wash plenty of folks to sell it to you. I've got other places to spend my dolhairs

I use baby shampoo to clean mine so not breaking my bank in any means lol just was asking def not trying to thow a match in gasoline

Back