Simple question

BigDog,

I appreciate your candor and experience regarding the UAS. In my opinion, UAS is the pinnacle of kart racing. One thing I can't understand is why hasn't Carolina East Coast kart racing adopted UAS as the standard that kart racers want to grow to. How is it Clones are the standard when there is a such a superior method?

DK

BigDog,

I appreciate your candor and experience regarding the UAS. In my opinion, UAS is the pinnacle of kart racing. One thing I can't understand is why hasn't Carolina East Coast kart racing adopted UAS as the standard that kart racers want to grow to. How is it Clones are the standard when there is a such a superior method?

DK

Don, Don,,, That's so easy to figure out, I'm a little disappointed in you.... $100 verses $1,000 and the tracks don't really have to put a lot of effort into running a Clone race. It's the American way...… C'mon, you must have just had a brain fart....

No offense, i'm not looking for a fight, but please tell us why you think UAS is the pinnacle of kart racing?

^^ I agree with it being the pinnacle, because you can't just bash and freight train yourself to the front and have to use both feet and hands to drive.
Maybe if we had real wet / tacky dirt tracks down here instead of dry slick dirtphalt we'd have different sort of racing too.

Every sprint race i go to you need to use both hands and both feet to successfully complete each lap.
Crashing your way to the front is much less (usually not at all) accepted in sprint racing.
Oh yea, you have to use that really big muscle also.
No not that one!
I mean the one between your ears.

^^ Solid set of non-changing or rarely changing rules, unobtrusive displacement & weight rules, non-cookie cutter playing field, innovation and bring your best game attitude. IMO......Pinnacle. Maybe not most popular tho.

DK

Everyone that I ever let run my UAS Kart got out with that big grin and said something to the effect of "Now that was a blast!!"

Just sayn,

:cool:

Everyone that I ever let run my UAS Kart got out with that big grin and said something to the effect of "Now that was a blast!!"

Just sayn,

:cool:

Whenever I show at a track for testing during a local race everybody leaves whatever they are doing and rush to the fence when I hit the track... and I am one of the slowest UAS guys, right? Lol Does it mean something about us?

Santiago hit it !! Also the kids are watching so it is required you behave in front of them. Talk to the fans and answer questions, that means a lot they paid to get in to the track to.

We talk about the fans coming to the fence to watch the UAS. I went to Bi-State years ago just to test my KDX200. I fired up and hit the track, came around the first time and saw everyone at the fence. Three laps later I came off turn 4 and stuck it, I heard everyone let out a huge OOOOOHHHHH. It made me chuckle even though it cost me a piston.

Santiago hit it !! Also the kids are watching so it is required you behave in front of them. Talk to the fans and answer questions, that means a lot they paid to get in to the track to.

You are right there, Squirly. Kids never forget the time you spend talking to them. I have kif=ds that have grown into adults coming to me at different tracks and telling me I remember you running years ago at ... track. I guess that was back when I was still able to win races, lol. With the UAS I don't need to win to grab the kids attention at the tracks.

Back