Since there is not a lot to search right now, Clone cutting out @ WOT

SHIFT664

At the track, pump wasn't pumping, changed it to a new one, still cutting out @ WOT. SO I changed carbs, same thing. I changed back to stock FW and key, same result. what could it be? It will rev to 5k, then cut in and out. Is it cause its not under a load or am I missing something?
:confused:

Replace plug and coil. Most likely the coil, we've had two do this. Builder told me the aluminum flywheel is rough on the coils, he replaces coil with every re-build.

The thing about the fw is, it's a steel billet. I have only ran down the street with it, and only, a few times. I had to change it back from big filter and header to box stock, spec pipe and stock air box. That's why I changed the carb. too.

Replace plug and coil. Most likely the coil, we've had two do this. Builder told me the aluminum flywheel is rough on the coils, he replaces coil with every re-build.

This is why we recommend NO LESS than .030 coil gap. Most find that there engines run and respond better at .040 to .050

Someone is making money on coils!!! I have never replaced a coil on any of my stock engines that have been rebuilt. Many rebuilds. Not saying that one won't go bad here and there but to replace a coil on every rebuild makes no sense. Shucks, that new coil could go bad before the old one did. Now keeping a spare coil is wise.

Shift, what kind of springs are you running and what did you set the valve clearance at? You don't have the vent holes covered with the filter adapter gasket do you. seems Dyno Don had similar problem and the gasket solved it.
jmo

10.8's and gaskets where right. I think it was the carb jetted for big filter. put stock box and carb on and seem to fix it. I will know tomorrow

Back