Single Line MCP Mini lite

rswiggart

I was told my someone that I could take my dual line mcp brake system and covert it to a 1 line system. Supposedly this would make it easier to bleed and more consistent.

Does anyone have a picture of this or could tell me how to covert it? My brakes have been subpar or completely gone since getting my kart going.

Thank you.

Not sure why 1 would be better than 2, with one, only one brake pad is being moved to the brake rotor, personally, Ive always run two separate lines...🤨🤔

I dont understand why you would want to change, are your pads adjusted right, do you have an air leak, is there enough fluid, did u bleed them all the way? Or are your brakes working but since your on dirt you cant tell as much.

Not sure why 1 would be better than 2, with one, only one brake pad is being moved to the brake rotor, personally, Ive always run two separate lines...🤨🤔
The way I was explained was to connect the one line into both sides of the caliper to actually work both sides

Ive seen calipers with single lines and o-rings between the caliper halves, the fluid travels from one half to the other internally. 2 more things (the o-rings) that could leak. Work on tires instead.

You can use dual lines, you can use a single line that "t's" off to each side, you can remove the plug between the caliper and run one line and cross internally. Personally I use dual lines but have seen many in the sprint world use the single with internal crossover.

Ive seen calipers with single lines and o-rings between the caliper halves, the fluid travels from one half to the other internally. 2 more things (the o-rings) that could leak. Work on tires instead.
Tires aren’t a concern. I want to make sure I have a little bit of brakes…

If your master cylinder is in good shape!! and your calipers are in good shape, no air in system. Pads adjusted right, there is no reason to convert to single line.
I suspect that maybe either the master cylinder needs new parts.
Air in the line which is easy to get out.
Brake pads are not adjusted right. Or the pad are just worn out.
Or your calipers need to be rebuilt.
Most have the opposite problem. Too much brakes!
In any of these cases, converting to single live will not cure your problem. Then you are back to square one. I suggest getting someone that knows what they are doing to look at them. Local kart shop??? Just as an outside chance, Assuming that it is a used kart, It may have a spacer between the calipers. They do make them. Used to soften the brakes.

I did it once or twice. Plug off top hole of master, run to caliper like normal, remover bleeder and make a small cross over to other caliper. Basically only have one bleeder. Only downfall to doing it that way is one pad opens slower than the first. I have a pic somewhere on my phone if you’d like to see what I did

I did it once or twice. Plug off top hole of master, run to caliper like normal, remover bleeder and make a small cross over to other caliper. Basically only have one bleeder. Only downfall to doing it that way is one pad opens slower than the first. I have a pic somewhere on my phone if you’d like to see what I did
Could you please send it to me? That would be awesome.

908DFBDF-791C-4F37-B3AF-9C0152615F57.jpeg

Doing it this way, the right (pictured left) pad opens later than the first. Worked good enough for me 👍 I was told to use a smaller diameter higher pressure main line to help with the pad deal, nylon worked just fine same result. Second kart I did had braided lines one line got ripped off so just took it off and did this setup again

Last edited:
It really sounds like you either have air in your line or your master cylinder and or calipers need to be rebuilt. I don't believe that taking one line of is going to cure your problem.

View attachment 18824
Doing it this way, the right (pictured left) pad opens later than the first. Worked good enough for me 👍 I was told to use a smaller diameter higher pressure main line to help with the pad deal, nylon worked just fine same result. Second kart I did had braided lines one line got ripped off so just took it off and did this setup again
Do you know what size the fittings are ? 1/8” npt?

Yup that’s how our U Max is setup Kyle. Gotta love a green chassis !!!
Is yours green too? Could be mine, I sold it to someone on here in 2014 I can’t remember the name think he said his daughter was going to run penns creek with it or something. 2003 octane metallic green

You can also use compression fittings to create a "T" in the main supply line from the master, and run the short leg of the T to each compression fitting on the caliper, preserving both bleeders. This would be my preferred method. Fitting "3" in this picture, with the main supply line coming
into the top of the tee (ie. from left), continuing to the caliper (on right), and a branch from the base of the tee going to the other caliper half.

iu

Is yours green too? Could be mine, I sold it to someone on here in 2014 I can’t remember the name think he said his daughter was going to run penns creek with it or something. 2003 octane metallic green
my concept chassis is …
6DC6364E-2844-4880-BDD6-B7CA03032C04.jpeg
B92D03D8-3B40-4569-BB54-D4C20BE00CEE.jpeg

Attachments

• 928B33A1-54EF-4460-9113-5633AAD5471D.jpeg
    928B33A1-54EF-4460-9113-5633AAD5471D.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 12
Back