sizing burris tires

polartx

Just picked up an old used oven and Im wondering what the best plan is to grow and shrink tires. Temp and time and air pressure. Thanks

Just picked up an old used oven and Im wondering what the best plan is to grow and shrink tires. Temp and time and air pressure. Thanks

( grow ) Pull the valve gut out, 300 degrees for 8 min Air them up 1/4" more than ya need let em set a few Hrs set pressure and check if ya need more Re-heat and do again leave cure longer.

( Shrink ) Pull the Guts out, Same Temp and Time take out of oven put gut back in submerge in Ice water.

when ive done such i used a lab oven for growing heated to 300-350 with a few pounds of air in them for 15 minutes then took out and inflated a 1/4 inch bigger then what i wanted and then placed in can of ice and water for a few minutes and then took out and set for a few minutes and deflated to air i wanted in tires and most of time sized up well,if not repeated process..............

for shrinking i took valve stem out and placed in 300--350 for 15 minutes,took out put stem back in and placed in ice water and then let set for a few minutes...and repeated process till sized to what i wanted..............

Back