Sizing

Just use the wifes oven when shes not home shell never know, thats what I do 130degree F for about 15-20 min. Air up 1/4" oversize to stretch,no air to shrink with core out. Pull out of oven and submerge in cold bath with both, put finger over valve to keep water out. Ceck after cooled and repeate process if required.

Just use the wifes oven when shes not home shell never know, thats what I do 130degree F for about 15-20 min. Air up 1/4" oversize to stretch,no air to shrink with core out. Pull out of oven and submerge in cold bath with both, put finger over valve to keep water out. Ceck after cooled and repeate process if required.

Yes but, it makes the biscuits taste funny!!!!!

It helps to size before any prep in used, but if a smell lingers, try a few drops of Vanilla extract. In the oven , as it cools.

Last edited:
Lol I know what you mean there haha I only need to shrink a tire an 1/8th or so left air out a month so I'll just shock it

No ! Not even enough heat there seems to be alot of so called tire experts on here man i have heard alot of crazy on here lol!

Vanilla extract that sounds like a guy who has been in trouble for putting tires in oven..lol I will have to remember that

No trouble because I try to only do non-prepped tires and on the nights my bride goes to Bingo., Only once did I need to try the Vanilla extract thing I learned on here and it does work. Just don't over do it.

Jack is a wise man , I never put in the oven after prep. Mount then size them first thing then do prep work. There will be almost no smell or funny tasting biscuts. I also use the oven to heat spindals for bearing changes. Even have used it on cases to change crank bearings. Just clean them up real good wipe with Iso alchol and let dry no smell there either.

Get a metal garbage can drill a hole in the bottom,place a heatgun and set over your tire on your garage floor,works great.

Back