Skid pad

95 shaw

Site Supporter
My state is installing these everywhere.

They are about the correct size to get some serious speed, with numerous runoff areas.
However, seem to be installed mostly at busy intersections. Not conducive to prolonged testing.

There are some that have been installed at the end of a 2 lane road, with no other outlets. These work fantastic for this purpose.

Started with Obama's push to make us more and more like Europe. Only problem, most of us don't want to be like Europe, and bigger problem still - the ones that actually do - can't figure out how to navigate the stinking things.
Wait 'til winter when these off camber "skid pads" get slick...then the real fun begins. :)

Started with Obama's push to make us more and more like Europe. Only problem, most of us don't want to be like Europe, and bigger problem still - the ones that actually do - can't figure out how to navigate the stinking things.
Wait 'til winter when these off camber "skid pads" get slick...then the real fun begins. :)
They just become fun drift circles for us with 4x4's lol.

They just become fun drift circles for us with 4x4's lol.
Saw where a semi "sent it" straight through one at about 45 mph recently where 25 (Hoosier Heartland) comes into Lafayette from Delphi -- Pretty spectacular and caught some serious air- but didn't end well for him. Police report said he was distracted...I figured he fell asleep. Ended up down over an embankment and totaled the whole rig.
Gotta love the push to "beautify" round-a-bouts now too -- putting shrubs and flowers in them so that you can't see across them to see approaching traffic. Pure brilliance!

Saw where a semi "sent it" straight through one at about 45 mph recently where 25 (Hoosier Heartland) comes into Lafayette from Delphi -- Pretty spectacular and caught some serious air- but didn't end well for him. Police report said he was distracted...I figured he fell asleep. Ended up down over an embankment and totaled the whole rig.
Gotta love the push to "beautify" round-a-bouts now too -- putting shrubs and flowers in them so that you can't see across them to see approaching traffic. Pure brilliance!
I've seen that roundabout and can just imagine that scene lol.
The exit off 65 in crown point at 109th Street has 1 on the west side of 65 and 3 within a mile of the exit on the east side. All of these are on one road where it used to be a straight through. Now I feel like I'm on a roller coaster everytime I go that way.

Agree. They built them there to make traffic more fluid, they mostly started in France, and in spain it has caused a chaotic traffic because people can't drive through them properly. They don't give way as they should, they just speed through them to see what is more "brave".

Back