Slow Accelerating LO206

JakeH

Hello, I'm new to LO206, and I've noticed that my kart is REALLY slow when it comes to acceleration and launch. I run in Junior LO206, but I have a black slide, so I know that's wrong. I use a CRG FS4 chassis, and I don't have any weights, but I am 88 pounds over the min. weight. I also run front and rear brakes, but we're removing those. I run a 59 gear, stock clutch. The engine is brand new, to. Is there anything I can do?

Hello, I'm new to LO206, and I've noticed that my kart is REALLY slow when it comes to acceleration and launch. I run in Junior LO206, but I have a black slide, so I know that's wrong. I use a CRG FS4 chassis, and I don't have any weights, but I am 88 pounds over the min. weight. I also run front and rear brakes, but we're removing those. I run a 59 gear, stock clutch. The engine is brand new, to. Is there anything I can do?

Lose the 88 pounds.

I know he was saying that in jest, but in all seriousness, you will not overcome 88 lbs when it comes to acceleration. What track are you running? What RPMs are you getting to on track? Do you know which black slide you have? If its the adult black slide, you are about to go slower, not faster, when you put in the gold slide.

It's hard to know when somebody is being serious or just trying to get a rise out of somebody.

88 pounds overweight and you're wondering why you're not accelerating fast enough!! It's not obvious?

It's hard to know when somebody is being serious or just trying to get a rise out of somebody.

88 pounds overweight and you're wondering why you're not accelerating fast enough!! It's not obvious?
Its not that, the min is 250 lbs, so im not any more than a CIK 375. I think its mainly a torque issue.

I know he was saying that in jest, but in all seriousness, you will not overcome 88 lbs when it comes to acceleration. What track are you running? What RPMs are you getting to on track? Do you know which black slide you have? If its the adult black slide, you are about to go slower, not faster, when you put in the gold slide.
On these tracks (Summit Point Main and Summit Point Shenandoah) I'm hitting max revs, which might be a problem, because it totally stops accelerating at that point.
I'm totally new to this stuff, so I don't know the types of black slides. But it's probably not the adult one. It would feel a lot faster than it is. And I'm a lot slower than the other Juniors, so it isn't the adult slide.

Are there anything you would recommend for the weight?

And 88lbs isn't something easily overcome. It'll be a give and take situation. Give up some top end for acceleration or give up acceleration for top end but with the weight disadvantage you'll have to carry your momentum much better than the rest if you want to keep up.

What gearing are you on compared to the rest of the field. Sounds like your gearing is wrong for the weight your running.
Well, for the Main track, I used a 59 while everyone else ran a 56-58. I used a 54 for Shenandoah, which was the a bad gear. We had gone to Comet Karting in February, and my first 'test drive' was my race. We changed it to 59 post race.

And 88lbs isn't something easily overcome. It'll be a give and take situation. Give up some top end for acceleration or give up acceleration for top end but with the weight disadvantage you'll have to carry your momentum much better than the rest if you want to keep up.
I do all I can for momentum. I brake very late and hold throttle until I'm on the verge of spinning, then I ease it on even more at the apex.

Well, for the Main track, I used a 59 while everyone else ran a 56-58. I used a 54 for Shenandoah, which was the a bad gear. We had gone to Comet Karting in February, and my first 'test drive' was my race. We changed it to 59 post race.
What driver on the clutch. If your overweight you should be on a lower gear than the lighter people. Go as low as you can until your hitting the limiter and then start adding teeth and gain speed until your getting just under the limiter.

There are three different black slides for a 206 engine. One is for seniors and the other two are for a kid kart 206 engines. If you have one of the kid kart slides, the engine may have been bought as a Junior 206 engine (kid kart) and would also have a 4100 rpm rev limiter (black coil) vice the older classes 6100 rpm limiter (green coil engine).

There are three different black slides for a 206 engine. One is for seniors and the other two are for a kid kart 206 engines. If you have one of the kid kart slides, the engine may have been bought as a Junior 206 engine (kid kart) and would also have a 4100 rpm rev limiter (black coil) vice the older classes 6100 rpm limiter (green coil engine).
Yeah, mine is a senior then. We're switching it to yellow, is that any faster than the junior black slides?

Back