Slow Accelerating LO206

Much faster. Junior black slides have either a .285 or .315 throttle opening. The yellow slide allows for a .570 throttle opening.

Much faster. Junior black slides have either a .285 or .315 throttle opening. The yellow slide allows for a .570 throttle opening.
Okay, I might have a Jr. Black slide actually. When I go full gas it feels like I'm going a quarter as fast as I should. The other juniors seem to launch off the line a lot faster than me.

Easy way to tell is to take off the air filter then have someone press the gas pedal to the floor. Look with a flashlight to see if the slide basically disappears into the top of the carb (senior slide) or is the slide only partially raised (Kid kart slide).

Last edited:
Easy way to tell is to take off the air filter then have someone press the gas pedal to the floor. Look with a flashlight to see if the slide basically disappears into the top of the carb (senior slide) or is the slide only partially raised Kid kart
Does the engine need to be on?

No, engine off. Also, if the throttle cable is not adjusted properly, even a senior slide might not even open all the way.

No, engine off. Also, if the throttle cable is not adjusted properly, even a senior slide might not even open all the way.
Okay, just tested it. It totally disappeared, but I'm not so sure it's senior because it's a LOT slower than the other juniors. So it might be junior, but idk.

Put the yellow slide in, adjust correctly and you should be in business. Make sure you have a carb lock and someone to check for legal opening. Remember, the legal opening of a yellow slide is .570.

Put the yellow slide in, adjust correctly and you should be in business. Make sure you have a carb lock and someone to check for legal opening. Remember, the legal opening of a yellow slide is .570.
Thanks for the help!

How is your carb. Setup? Any chance of borrowing a known good carb from someone who is running well for a few laps? Did this engine ever run strong, is this new issue? It could be a work out engine too. Try to eliminate as many things as you can.

How is your carb. Setup? Any chance of borrowing a known good carb from someone who is running well for a few laps? Did this engine ever run strong, is this new issue? It could be a work out engine too. Try to eliminate as many things as
okay

How is your carb. Setup? Any chance of borrowing a known good carb from someone who is running well for a few laps? Did this engine ever run strong, is this new issue? It could be a work out engine too. Try to eliminate as many things as you can.
My carb is totally stock, just as I had it when I got it. I don't know if someone would let me borrow a carb. Some people have given me gears and stuff, but I'm worried about damaging it.

Now, when you adjust, do you mean just put in the right way, or something more complicated?

Back