Small Bearing Flat Crank

I've been told there is a large bearing and a small bearing version of the flathead crank and that the small bearing can't be used in the animal.

Via Carlson motorsports .
  1. you're going to build a "stout" one, then consider the ARC replacement crank -- MUCH better quality than the oem cast. We still have new cranks in stock if you need. I don't know the part numbers off the top of my head, I know them by big journal (1") or small journal (7/8",) dual bearing...

Via Carlson motorsports .
  1. you're going to build a "stout" one, then consider the ARC replacement crank -- MUCH better quality than the oem cast. We still have new cranks in stock if you need. I don't know the part numbers off the top of my head, I know them by big journal (1") or small journal (7/8",) dual bearing...

I don't know about that, we broke ARC cranks but never broke a flathead crank

Anybody know the of the diameter of the small and large bearing flathead crank?
not for sure but Carlson motorsports can tell you, I think there is a bearing that is large on the out side like the big flathead bearing but has the ID of the small flathead crank, kinda like a trick bearing so you can use the small crank in a big bearing block,

Yes, there is a conversion bearing available.
We should have them on the shelf, I honestly don't know because I don't use them much anymore.
Like the quoted post said, I prefer the ARC billet over the Briggs - the Briggs crank will work (especially if it's the older fixed gear induction hardened crank,) but certainly never use the Dixie/China flathead crank.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back