Small block open /modified clone build?

We have everything you need for an open modified. We created a 236cc/14.4ci short block kit that includes:
Tillotson 72mm/2.835" Bore Block
72mm/2.835" Tillotson Racing Piston
EC Forged Connecting Rod with Babbit Bearings
58mm/2.283" Stroke Crankshaft
Stock Side Cover/Bearings/Tappets/Hardware
Retail is $370 for this kit https://www.eccarburetors.com/ec-tillotson-236r-engine-kit

We have had our rotating assemblies and blocks win many races. The Tillotson Block won the 2020 Big O and our rotating assembly and block finished in the Top 10 this year's Big O against a field of Billet Animals.

The Tillotson uses mostly honda/clone parts and we carry everything to completely build the engine.
I have literally been looking at that very same link/kit....... It appears to be a hell of a deal!

Is everything in stock? Whats the best means of contact for a phone call?

I have literally been looking at that very same link/kit....... It appears to be a hell of a deal!

Is everything in stock? Whats the best means of contact for a phone call?
The kit for sure is in stock. I will be out of the shop for SEMA next week but I can help you here with any questions you have. You can order online or call next week and someone should be able to take your order.

The kit for sure is in stock. I will be out of the shop for SEMA next week but I can help you here with any questions you have. You can order online or call next week and someone should be able to take your order.
Awesome! I WILL be in contact - Iv been reaching the heck out of that engine - defiantly seem to be in the price range and the direction I wanna be. Thank you so much!

Are you allowed billet head and is it open carb or stock appearing? Those are two big questions to determine the path you want to go down. That small track power isnt everything but it doesn’t hurt to have a little extra.

Are you allowed billet head and is it open carb or stock appearing? Those are two big questions to determine the path you want to go down. That small track power isnt everything but it doesn’t hurt to have a little extra.
Open carb! And yes we are allowed billet head! We can do anything except nitro.

I think the one who won the night we went was an animal don’t recall if it was billet. I think the animal has the leg up in that class

DONT BE TALKING ABOUT SCOTT AND JACK LIKE THAT -They will have to start ordering custom oversized helmet's!!! Im good good friends with Scott - I do business with him from time to time if its something i have to have right away ( Most my stuff is online order ) but there has been serval times i needed something right away and Scott made it happen!...... AND YES THEY ARE BAD ASS....
I always (FRIEND OR NOT) do my research and hunting - everyone has a different onion - no one answer is wrong - I just wanna make sure i look at and study all my options.
Haha. Yes I do all the research I can also! Plus I love to tinker and work on engines. Dan at Childish Concepts is also someone I have spent many hours on the phone with. He will never tell you wrong and has great prices!

Mark, you had a Tilly block and 236 rotating assembly finish in the top 10 (6th) at the big small block race at Beaver Creek Speedway last weekend. Granted it's not the Big O but it was a big southeast race full of a bunch of nasty billet headed animals on a big track where HP matters.

We do run a ARC billet side cover and a 3rd bearing support by Sneaks.

We run a stock clone JT158 head casting (tried EVO head but gave up too much torque) that has been worked by Tyler Harshman and Sneaks Racing. Lectron 30mm carb.

Did pretty darn good against all those billet animals. Only 3 cast heads in a field of 20, we qualified 6th, made a run up to P2 early but got shuffled back to P6 where we finished. All were high water marks for the cast head motors.

Turned it 8900 all weekend. Block, crank, rod all have about 15 races on them all turning in that rpm range. We have turned as high as 9200 at Semo Raceway. I freshen springs, seats, retainers, piston, rings, wrist pin every 10 races. I do rod bolts and bearings after every race.

I'm not convinced on the EVO head yet based on my experiences, but I am a BIG believer in the block and rotating assembly.
Mark, you had a Tilly block and 236 rotating assembly finish in the top 10 (6th) at the big small block race at Beaver Creek Speedway last weekend. Granted it's not the Big O but it was a big southeast race full of a bunch of nasty billet headed animals on a big track where HP matters.

We do run a ARC billet side cover and a 3rd bearing support by Sneaks.

We run a stock clone JT158 head casting (tried EVO head but gave up too much torque) that has been worked by Tyler Harshman and Sneaks Racing. Lectron 30mm carb.

Did pretty darn good against all those billet animals. Only 3 cast heads in a field of 20, we qualified 6th, made a run up to P2 early but got shuffled back to P6 where we finished. All were high water marks for the cast head motors.

Turned it 8900 all weekend. Block, crank, rod all have about 15 races on them all turning in that rpm range. We have turned as high as 9200 at Semo Raceway. I freshen springs, seats, retainers, piston, rings, wrist pin every 10 races. I do rod bolts and bearings after every race.

I'm not convinced on the EVO head yet based on my experiences, but I am a BIG believer in the block and rotating assembly.
The 3rd bearing support you speak of. Could you point me in the direction of who builds them? Thanks

Get a good machinist to get it right from the start . Learn to tune the carb . And every thing els . Don't build a monster motor and blow it the first night . Tune your setup to fit thr extra H.P.
Have fun and be on top of every thing

These guys engines are built pretty healthy! They sound wicked as hell and they are stupid fast (low 9s 1/10th track at 47 mph)...... One of the head guys said I need about 3k plus just to compete.
If this is the track where you want to race this open motor I wouldnt do anything big and wild. I would spend a little on your engine and a LOT on tires. In this part of the country there are a lot of small tracks, indoor and out, and it always seems a clone light has the fastest time in qualifying

If this is the track where you want to race this open motor I wouldnt do anything big and wild. I would spend a little on your engine and a LOT on tires. In this part of the country there are a lot of small tracks, indoor and out, and it always seems a clone light has the fastest time in qualifying
You hit that nail right on the head mike. Raced out of the box predator class at an indoor arena in Kentucky a couple weeks ago. The pole sitter in the predator would have started 2nd in the open class with his time. And wasn't behind by much.

Hey guys! First year in karting! We pretty much wrap up our final race this weekend - No stopping us in points - we got a lock on 1st place! I would like to Thank Chris Cooper and everyone here at 4cycle for the help this year!

I'm buying a 2nd kart - with the help of Chris I'm turning out current kart into a NKRA clone kart and the other I wanna run as a small block open!

I would like some advice on wear to start with a small block open - our class rules are ( any small block - must start life at or below 7.5 hp )
Other then that I believe you can do what you want!

Iv looked into animals / clones / predator
Not sure wear to start? Wear do these engines make power ( cam and heads ? )

The guys running in the class claim they are making close to 30hp.....

I have a very nice ppm ducar ( stock build ) engine - but it's be worked over ( loved and massaged )..... It only has about 3 nights of racing - thought about doing some cam and head work to it!?

Anyone got any good advice or pointers!
I have a Steve Vaughn / KSR built Small Block Open that dynoed at 44.48 horsepower @ 7900 RPM.

Attachments

• Resized_Resized_20211110_172358(1).jpeg
    Resized_Resized_20211110_172358(1).jpeg
    205.1 KB · Views: 210
  • Resized_Resized_20211110_172238(2)(1).jpeg
    Resized_Resized_20211110_172238(2)(1).jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 210
  • Resized_Resized_20211106_091435(1).jpeg
    Resized_Resized_20211106_091435(1).jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 209
I must apologize , you may reach me at 803 - 968 -1446 by text . I have been working alot of hours lately.

You're going to find at any track, be it at the smallest backyard track in north America or legitimate high speed race tracks, someone saying theyre making 30 hp out of their rototiller engine.

You're going to find at any track, be it at the smallest backyard track in north America or legitimate high speed race tracks, someone saying theyre making 30 hp out of their rototiller engine.
I am noticing more and more the numbers people advertise are not what - real world numbers are.....

I'm still looking for a small block open/mod outlaw - I ended up buying a 2014 QRC winged outlaw kart for a few 100 more then what i was gonna get the 2007 kart for..... The wing kart just needs a motor - I want the Tillotson but @Mark @ EC has been outta stock! Spoke with Mark last week - hopefully everything comes in soon!

Back