Smart Car...

JrChampDad44

waiting at a light in my Suburban... a second or two after the light turned red in the crossing lanes... a Smart Car flashed through the intersection... through the red...

really?

if you're gonna drive like that - might want a little more protection, a helmet at least. :eek:

I have a pair of photos - one shows a smart car driving down the road, the second shows one truck that had just been tail ended by another truck. If you look real closely, it's obvious that there isn't really about 10" between the front bumper of one truck and the rear end of the other, it's actually the remains of the smart car that was behind the lead truck when the stuff started to hit the fan. Food for thought.

I have a pair of photos - one shows a smart car driving down the road, the second shows one truck that had just been tail ended by another truck. If you look real closely, it's obvious that there isn't really about 10" between the front bumper of one truck and the rear end of the other, it's actually the remains of the smart car that was behind the lead truck when the stuff started to hit the fan. Food for thought.

I would like to see those.

John Wayne once said "Life is hard- it's harder if you're stupid".

Could explain a lot of my hardships over the years...

Actually here is what was said,

What he said as Sargeant Stryker in "The Sands of Iwo Jima" is "Life is tough; it's tougher when you're stupid." The one you quoted is from the novel and movie, "The Friends of Eddie Coyle". John Wayne was not in that film.

just sayin'

Tom

Actually here is what was said,

What he said as Sargeant Stryker in "The Sands of Iwo Jima" is "Life is tough; it's tougher when you're stupid." The one you quoted is from the novel and movie, "The Friends of Eddie Coyle". John Wayne was not in that film.

just sayin'

Tom

Duly noted- thank you.

Duly noted- thank you.

don't just lay there and take that son... stand corrected! LOL.

the redirect was to 50 ugliest cars... which the Smart Car was either the ugliest or the prettiest of the ugliest...

I would hazard the guess that if you roll one of those things, you'll keep tumbling in the direction you were last moving for a while.

As far as safety of the vehicle: In the event of something outside of your control happening on the road, I suspect the Smart Car would fare better than a motorcycle. So I can't fault drivers of those cars for having less regard for safety than me. I'm certainly more exposed to danger on my motorcycle than I would ever be in a Smart Car.

I think small cars with small engines are cool, actually. Aside from the upright seating position the Smart Car is very much like a go-kart, so you would think more folks on here would appreciate it for what it is. However, there is no such thing as cargo space. Behind the two seats there is room for about two shoeboxes. The price is high for what it does (and doesn't do). The fuel mileage is good but there are several 4-seaters that beat it. It is roomy for the two occupants.

Around here we call them Dumb Car, not Smart.

As for small cars, about the only one that I think has somewhat a cool factor about it is the Mini Cooper, I've seen some pretty amazing drivers work magic in old Coopers. I'll stick to my Mustang, Jeep, and truck.

actually those cars are like little roll cages the way they are built and they can take a good hit the problem with that is their are not any crumple zones to absorb the shock of impact so the secondary impact ( the driver & passenger hitting the interior of the car ) is going to be much worse so buckle up and pray for a good air bag

Back