SMC axle clutch info

rainman

I have 4 different SMC axle clutches and one of them doesn't have a groove on the shaft for the snap ring that goes after the friction discs. It has been working fine like that but the other 3 do have the groove and the ring. Any info on this? Was there any specific year or application that came like that?

I have a couple of older SMCs that do not have the groove. When I asked Tom about it he said that snap ring groove was to hold a washer so that if the speed adjuster was removed while the axle was still on the kart all the disks would stay where they belong. I never take the speed collar off unless it is facing up so no big deal for me.

I have a couple of older SMCs that do not have the groove. When I asked Tom about it he said that snap ring groove was to hold a washer so that if the speed adjuster was removed while the axle was still on the kart all the disks would stay where they belong. I never take the speed collar off unless it is facing up so no big deal for me.
That makes sense.

I have 4 different SMC axle clutches and one of them doesn't have a groove on the shaft for the snap ring that goes after the friction discs. It has been working fine like that but the other 3 do have the groove and the ring. Any info on this? Was there any specific year or application that came like that?
Do you have any 1.25" SMC axle shafts for sale? Know anyone with any? Thanks.

Team Yellow - Jerry

Do you have any 1.25" SMC axle shafts for sale? Know anyone with any? Thanks.

Team Yellow - Jerry
Don't have any for sale. Check TS Racing for parts. might have some. Hard to find them anymore, that's why I don't sell any of my SMC stuff. Maybe LAD might have some?

Back