SMC Gold axle clutch

I was misusing it pretty bad. I had it behind 2 open alky reedjets approximately twice its designed load, racing it in the dirt with a fairly slow axle speed. I think it would have been fine on a laydown enduro with the same power? I never solved my karts issues, I got a different one.

You might get away with it road racing, but I bet not on the dirt. The more RPM's that the clutch is spinning the easier it is on it. A speedway kart doesn't really have all that much axle RPM's, and the torque is what will kill the clutch. A pair of almost anything has pretty good torque and more weight too. Give it a shot, I bet I can tell you what, and in what order you will wreck in that clutch. I will post some pics later of the one I modified when I am on my home computer. My recommendation is if you gonna have two engines, have two clutches.
SMC is a great choice.
View attachment 5616View attachment 5620
Hi Phiddy - saw this old post of yours about changes you made to your SMC clutch to make it more reliable. I have a red 4 disk SMC and would like to do the same modification you did to adjust and hold the cover in position. This post was a while ago so you may not still have the clutch but I was hoping to get the same person or shop that modified your clutch to modify mine. Please send me the contact information. Thanks.

==TeamYellow

Back