Smells

Do any of the store bought preps not have strong odors? We race karts out of the garage and I've had monster bite, BTGP and a few others. A lot of them have pretty strong odors, wife was yelling about the monster bite most recently, I think wintergreen smells good but she disagrees....

BTGP ain't no air freshener either.
You might want to build a little outside storage place .
Attached garage assuming ?
Vent fan may help .
Most prep has some odor , there are fragrances , could try that.

There’s a bunch of fragrances available, just watch out what they are made of, some have more oils than others and will ruin your prep. There’s one that smells like pot, wonder what the wifey would say lol

I wouldn't recommend adding fragrances -- most are oil based and won't do your tires any favors.
You might let her know that if she thinks Monster Bite is bad, to be thankful you're not using goat or green! :)

Definitely do all of your prepping outside or in a well ventilated area. That will help more than anything.
Also, dedicate rags and towels that are used in your trailer and wash them separately (maybe even a trip to the dreaded laundry mat to avoid having your washing machine and drier smell like prepped tires!)
One thing for certain, we all need to keep our better halves happy - whatever that takes.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Store all the tires in the trailer until you can get a shed to work out of. I don't keep any goat tires in my shop at all, they live in the trailer, the rest I don't mind.

All aggressive softeners are going to have a odor. We make a lot of products with little to no smell but they will not soften.

There’s a bunch of fragrances available, just watch out what they are made of, some have more oils than others and will ruin your prep. There’s one that smells like pot, wonder what the wifey would say lol
We call that Medical Marijuana where I'm from. Hmmm that stuff is sticky... LOL

Do any of the store bought preps not have strong odors? We race karts out of the garage and I've had monster bite, BTGP and a few others. A lot of them have pretty strong odors, wife was yelling about the monster bite most recently, I think wintergreen smells good but she disagrees....

These tire treatments should have little to no odor.

Track Tac® Tire Tuff Mint

Track Tac® Tire Tuff Original Brown

Track Tac® SST-5 Purple

Light odor

Track Tac® GK1-Blue

Track Tac® SST a light orange odor from one of the ingredients. It should smell like oranges.

Track Tac® HLO a very, very light oil smell

Track Tac® SAA-Grape a light odor similar to grapes

Please note that we add NO sent to anything to change the odor only.

Track Tac® SST smells like Oranges because an extract from oranges is an important ingredient.

Track Tac® BTGP-Red has as one of its ingredients in artificial Black Cherry flavoring. It should smell like cough syrup.

These tire treatments should have little to no odor.

Track Tac® Tire Tuff Mint

Track Tac® Tire Tuff Original Brown

Track Tac® SST-5 Purple

Light odor

Track Tac® GK1-Blue

Track Tac® SST a light orange odor from one of the ingredients. It should smell like oranges.

Track Tac® HLO a very, very light oil smell

Track Tac® SAA-Grape a light odor similar to grapes

Please note that we add NO sent to anything to change the odor only.

Track Tac® SST smells like Oranges because an extract from oranges is an important ingredient.

Track Tac® BTGP-Red has as one of its ingredients in artificial Black Cherry flavoring. It should smell like cough syrup.
What does the Blue smell like? I've had the TTO before and you are correct it didn't have much smell used it up and haven't got anymore, might go back to that for the sun/mon stuff and try others raceday and night before.

Blue doesn’t have much smell... red and grape may smell like cherry and grape but they are loud! We store in our trailer and it hits you until you get the vents and doors open. I have become used to it but wife hates the initial entering.

I’d wear SAA GRAPE as cologne, now SQS on the other hand that will set off the carbon monoxide detector....lol

Sapphire smells just like Oranges too, love it!!! My shop wreaks of oranges and goat! lol most people hate walking in it especially in the summer when its nice and warm...

Back