Snow

castshop

Well this sucks. I live in Knoxville. I have been snowed in since Monday. My road is on a hill and it a sheet of ice. I have never seen anything like this here before. Now it 5 outside. Must be global warming

Me too! I live in West Knoxville and have the same dilemma. I need to work on and refit my kart but my garage is too cold to work in. I am thankful there have been no power outages so far.

Same thing here except we typically get snow and cold .
Still 2 feet in 6 days with real feel -3 too - 10 . Kinda puts a damper on things .

I have not worked all also need to but my van is stuck on a hill. I also tried working on Joe's kart but even with the propane heater it was cold. I just got in from heating my crawl space my water was frozen. Man I wish all you guys would stop buying Tesla so the global warming will come back

Well this sucks. I live in Knoxville. I have been snowed in since Monday. My road is on a hill and it a sheat of ice. I have never seen anything like this here before. Now it 5 outside. Most be global warming
I'm an hour and 10 minutes north of Knoxville, total of 13 inches between the 2 snows, I live in a hollar in the mountains, and the road isn't state maintained.
Tacoma tuff 💪

I can get out with my wife outback but I owe a delivery service. My vans are not going anywhere. I tried getting one out Monday. I thought if I could get 3 blocks to the main road I could then park at a church. Got it stuck on a hill that's where she sits till it melts. I thought about going to harbor freight they have a propane wand torch. I thought about trying to melt this hill. I am going crazy stuck here. In the past the city has plowed. But I guess my taxes went up and my services went down

I can't even imagine the Tennessee Moutains with ice covered roads .
Shoot i had to help a lady outs the snowbank on flat ground , yesterday .

My family is from Chicago they say we got 12 inches we are still going to work but it's flat and you have snow plows. I think all of Knoxville there's only 20 plows.i don't know. I thought about going to home Depot renting a small tractor but I can't get my truck out to pull it. The sun is out now maybe I can get up the hill tomorrow to work. One thing I was planning on retiring in July but a week off with nothing to do.i think I might put it off now

lol I too live in Knoxville, and on a hill been driving the day after the big snow with my sons Honda Fit (easiest to dig out) been driving everyday. been in a cold garage with only a hoodie getting a seat mounted on a my new DC edition Elevate.
Go spend a winter in Milwaukee Wi, and you'll think this is t shirt weather. went to school in the frozen hell of Milwaukee for three years, lived in Chicago for 4 and 15 years in Long Island. bring it on

I just came in shoved a 2 block path so I can get the van out tomorrow need to make some money. I have been out with the outback. But my vans don't go good in the snow and ice . If I wreck one I would make no money while it's getting fixed. I will have my grandson kart ready for Russellville next week. I will finish Tuesday it will be warm.

I grew up in Oak Ridge, about 20 miles west and north of Knoxville (graduated from high school in 1962, so it's been awhile, lol), and my parents lived there until about 2000. I remember a few snows we thought were zingers, but nothing as bad as this one.

I grew up in Oak Ridge, about 20 miles west and north of Knoxville (graduated from high school in 1962, so it's been awhile, lol), and my parents lived there until about 2000. I remember a few snows we thought were zingers, but nothing as bad as this one.
cool! I grew up there too! still eat at Big Ed's at least once a month!

I drove from Charlotte to near Knox. on Friday and didn't see any snow or ice til a little past Asheville then it got a little sketchy. Still plenty of Ice/snow on my street this morning.

Back