So much oil out of vent pls help

YardDart2.0

Hey guys I recently finished rebuilding a used tillotson 225cc. And I’m getting a ton of oil coming out of my catch can vent. I’ll list what I have done to the engine: 265 cam, 1.2 EC rockers, billet rod and flywheel, flat top piston, drilled oil return hole to 3/8”, heavier valve springs not sure the exact #, ported head. I’m pretty sure that’s everything. I also had two vents from an arc side cover to the valve cover, then one vent that’s passed through a one way valve from valve cover to a catch can. Even with no vents from side cover, there is a ton of oil coming out of the catch can vent and basically covering the whole engine. Is there any reason it would do this? It basically pumps oil threw the vent and gets evrrywhere

Sounds like to big a gap in the rings, or oval bore.
Have you bed in the rings? Here's a great story about how to bed in an engine, specifically the rings:

If all the above has been done, and not a race kart, mount the catch can above the engine to allow the oil to drain back.

Engine refresh should always have a bore check for roundness and uniformity throughout the hole length of the cylinder wall with a bore gage:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134785734117

Do you have a picture of the vent system on your engine? There are various ways to vent an engine, pressure will blow seals and gaskets, and rob the engine of power.

Hey guys I recently finished rebuilding a used tillotson 225cc. And I’m getting a ton of oil coming out of my catch can vent. I’ll list what I have done to the engine: 265 cam, 1.2 EC rockers, billet rod and flywheel, flat top piston, drilled oil return hole to 3/8”, heavier valve springs not sure the exact #, ported head. I’m pretty sure that’s everything. I also had two vents from an arc side cover to the valve cover, then one vent that’s passed through a one way valve from valve cover to a catch can. Even with no vents from side cover, there is a ton of oil coming out of the catch can vent and basically covering the whole engine. Is there any reason it would do this? It basically pumps oil threw the vent and gets evrrywhere
Did you make sure you did not install the head gasket backwards? have seen this alot

Sounds more like a head gasket problem, I didn`t see that he mentioned the engine smoking which would happen with rings but not always with a head gasket. I have seen this on animals where the gasket blows to the push rod area and blow oil out of the vent and even the fuel pump vent.

Back