So what do you think?

Don K

So what do you think the chances are the "South" will adapt the LO206 as the reasonable, American made, controllable, fair and affordable racing platform instead of the communist owned, slave manufactured, open to cheating, expensive clone platform that dominates now?

Just wondering,
DK

Slim to none. People love working on engines, you take that away and it becomes a whole different thing.

I personally think there is much more affordable options to the lo206 thats just my opinion. Also is the lo206 truly made in the usa or is it just assembled in the usa? Im asking because i dont know much about the making of the lo206

It's caught on here on dirt ovals in the midwest, but it's been a slow go for sure.

3 cars start a class at most of your local tracks -- it just takes three brave and daring individuals to make that plunge. LOL

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

The guys that spend $300 on a predator will say no. They rather run out the box class.......lmao

I love my 206 and think it's a great platform.

People don't want to focus on tires and handling.......oh wait they already should be!

Makes no sense to me but as long as your racing and not riding the couch its all good.

I personally think there is much more affordable options to the lo206 thats just my opinion. Also is the lo206 truly made in the usa or is it just assembled in the usa? Im asking because i dont know much about the making of the lo206

1. What engine package do you find is more affordable to run than the 206? In 35 years of karting, I have run flatheads, clones (Box stock and Builder Prepared), Animal, and World Formula. I have found none of them to be anywhere as cheap and maintenance free as the 206.

2. The 206 is hand assembled in the US by US workers. While many of the parts are made in oversea factories, it is more American than any other karting engine available on the market.

Most of the clones I check the owner would send the motor back to the builder if I took th head off, that doesn't sound like a tinker to me. And this is a Saturday night racer.
The teck man

I guess I'm showing my age, back when craftsmen raced karts. Maybe the buy it and run it thing would work.

Most of the clones I check the owner would send the motor back to the builder if I took th head off, that doesn't sound like a tinker to me. And this is a Saturday night racer.
The teck man

Yea, Because you 'bout have to mill the gasket adhesive off each time...and then there's the constant "updates." o_O

🙄ha ha ha Fake news . The pull start , that's what made the clone take off .
If Briggs had mandated that on an animal the story might be different today!

You seriously think a pull start is what caused it.......lmao
Buy a cranker or go buy a clone?

I am smart enough to know I am no motor man. I let the builder do what he does and I focus on the kart, handling and tires. No need for me to think that I can do it all. So yeah my motor gets teched (any motor platform) it goes back.

Thanks to the engine shop down at Harbor Freight the stock appearing class has really flourished in the last few years.

1. What engine package do you find is more affordable to run than the 206? In 35 years of karting, I have run flatheads, clones (Box stock and Builder Prepared), Animal, and World Formula. I have found none of them to be anywhere as cheap and maintenance free as the 206.

2. The 206 is hand assembled in the US by US workers. While many of the parts are made in oversea factories, it is more American than any other karting engine available on the market.

the bsp sealed crate 212.... under $300.00 and assembled in the US by US workers (in my opinion same as the lo206 having the parts made over seas). We ran this motor this past year and was a GREAT class with close racing. As far as maintenance that involves changing the air cleaner foam and changing oil, im gonna guess thats the same steps you would do on a lo206 and im spending half the $ on the engine itself. Im not knocking the 206 (I have never ran one) im just looking at the overall picture and its just my opinion.

You seriously think a pull start is what caused it.......lmao
Buy a cranker or go buy a clone?

I am smart enough to know I am no motor man. I let the builder do what he does and I focus on the kart, handling and tires. No need for me to think that I can do it all. So yeah my motor gets teched (any motor platform) it goes back.

Thanks to the engine shop down at Harbor Freight the stock appearing class has really flourished in the last few years.

99.00 dollars helped the pull start did not hurt any thats for sure .
The lo206 is just an animal with a pull start . Tighter tolerances and a rev limiting coil . Oh and a seal . Nothing much changed from when they tried to push the animal on everyone .

Last edited:
From what I've seen at tracks in south eastern, central pa, whatever engine the tracks put up races for, the racers fill the roster. Most of these aren't tinkering with engines, they are focused on kart and tires, and quite good at that. If the tracks decided to promote the 206 or animal over the clone, classes would be full.

Back